I am interested in what people think would make the best Android game so far? As a hardcore gamer I am disappointed in what we have available. The problem is essentially the same on iPhone. Vast majority of games are casual pick-the-berries FB games. Then there is the question of controls. Many high profile games are essentially copies of PC or console games. On a small screen. With your fingers in the way.

What I would like to see more is depth. Something I could image to spend hours with. This is not enough though, as these can be better done on some other platform. I'd really want to see something that could not be played on computers. SpecTracker had a nice idea but lacked in the game sense. Parallel Kingdoms had great potential but didn't fully use it.

What do you guys think makes a great mobile game?
    07-03-2011 04:56 PM
    As you're aware, the small screen can play a factor in what's possible with games. I'd suggest that battery capacity would be another. Games can be a considerable drain on the battery, and realistically as a gamer, you're probably using the phone as a games machine because you don't have access at that time to "better" gaming hardware (e.g. console, PC, tablet, say).

Hence, games need to be targeted to the devices strength and for phones they generally need to be easy to pick up/put down for interruptions, short sessions, etc.

I'm not saying that games without hours of depth aren't around or available, I just think they're going to be less likely.
    07-04-2011 06:39 AM
    The only games I could really see being worth it to you, and I alike, are arcade style games using the accelerometer, and RPG style games. There are a few RPG style games on the Android Market that you could take a look at, I came across them before but they just didn't run as nice as I would like on my phone, and I have a hard time sticking to one game for more than 10 mins, so I don't even remember the names of those games, but they are definetly out there.
    07-04-2011 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD