The Charging Sound

ljredeye

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
You guys know this. We all know about the high pitched sound when you both plug your Android phone into a speaker/car stereo AND a charging port. The sound from an app is still relatively listenable, but that sound in the background is sometimes passive or annoying. In the case of the car stereo, you hear the electric sound when the engine is revved. What gripes me is that Apple is able to prevent this sound from bleeding into the music, but not Android phones, and were fives years into this ecosystem.

I just got a Galaxy S4. I love it to death, however. As for this phone, and the Galaxy Nexus, and the Incredible 2, and the Droid X, that charging sound is always there. Who here found hacks, apps, or mods to figure out how to get rid of it?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've found that it really depends on the quality of the auxiliary and the ampage of the charger.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

prozacfield

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
You guys know this. We all know about the high pitched sound when you both plug your Android phone into a speaker/car stereo AND a charging port. The sound from an app is still relatively listenable, but that sound in the background is sometimes passive or annoying. In the case of the car stereo, you hear the electric sound when the engine is revved. What gripes me is that Apple is able to prevent this sound from bleeding into the music, but not Android phones, and were fives years into this ecosystem.

I just got a Galaxy S4. I love it to death, however. As for this phone, and the Galaxy Nexus, and the Incredible 2, and the Droid X, that charging sound is always there. Who here found hacks, apps, or mods to figure out how to get rid of it?

Root, go to /system/media/audio/ui, rename or remove Charger_Connection.ogg. That's it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance