Dropped my S3 in the toilet

clairefallon89

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, stupid i know, but yesterday i dropped my phone in the toilet, i grabbed it out straight away and dried it off with a clean towel, when i got the chance i took all the parts out and put it in a bowl of rice over night. today i charged my phone and turned it on, it takes a while to turn on but when it does the led is flashing and the screen is shown HOWEVER the touch screen does not work, any ideas on what i can do or should i just take it to the shop ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dropped my s3 in the toilet

Rice it for 5 days then if it doesn't work. Bring it In. I heard soaking it in metho works but I wouldn't try it.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.

Prosty

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

How did you drop it.... and was there or was there not feces in it?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy SIV using Tapatalk 4

todd riddle

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

You must immediately take your phone to samsung galaxy registered shop and give your phone for repairing. Don't try any household options that might led to more problems.

Jer7of9

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Place wet electronics in front of air conditioning return vent to draw out the moisture in a most efficent fashion. Of course you take out all the parts that you can. Chips, sim card, battery, cover etc. Even put a fan blowing on the parts in front of the a/c return vent speeds up the drying process. Put the a/c fan on continuous or manully to keep that flow of air over the parts. Rice? Not fast enough to dry things out before the rust and damage is done.

abek.

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Check if there is any corrosion on the lcd connector on the board and the connector for the screen. If it doesn't look like anything is wrong, it might have fried a resistor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC