Poor Ally

m_jameson1

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
IMG_20110422_185529.jpg

My co-worker dropped his Ally today at the end of the work day. Worst part was, after it dropped, he didn't realize it until after he stepped on it. Poor fellow......

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My god is your friend Godzilla? lol that screen looks like it was in a 65mph head on collision,lol although if you look closely the top and bottom plastic bezels seem ok!

This makes me think. I have an electrically dead and bricked Dinc thats been sitting in my draw for months now. I finally have a place to send it off properly....but how(pic of a perfectly fine looking phone would be boring here)

spectre72

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
At least it was an honorable death. I once lost a phone (non-smartphone) that met its demise at the bottom of a toilet bowl. Can't imagine a worse way to go (no pun intended).

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
How does anybody smash their android phones this badly?

I'm on my FOURTH since the launch of the G1, have thrown each and every single phone i've had due to frustration caused from my ex wife.... and not a sissy throw either, usually a curveball into the nearest wall/ground/car/whatever is near me, and they all survived....

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
How does anybody smash their android phones this badly?

I'm on my FOURTH since the launch of the G1, have thrown each and every single phone i've had due to frustration caused from my ex wife.... and not a sissy throw either, usually a curveball into the nearest wall/ground/car/whatever is near me, and they all survived....

really? then how r u on your 4th one?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
G1>Hero = Service swap - t mobile to sprint.
Hero>Hero = phones can't swim (complete accident..... fell out of my pocket while I was working on a barge on the Potomac River...)
Hero > Optimus S = overheating issue

thats 4, right?

i hated the hero anyway, so I wanted something new...

and the G1 is still completely operational - sold it to a friend who uses it to this day

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Sure seems to me that a MythBuster's explosion moment would be MOST appropriate... that or a "How stuff Blends"... :)

I actually thought of "Will it blend" but everyone knows cellphones go like butter in those things. My Incredible was epic..therefore so shall be its removal from this world.

Rico ANDROID

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cell Phone Simetery

Lol

We have a forum discussion on AT&T's wireless forum called "CELLPHONE SIMETERY" where those whose phones bit the dust log their demise and share grieving with other mourners till their new replacement have arrived.

Funny seeing a similar string here!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
At least it was an honorable death. I once lost a phone (non-smartphone) that met its demise at the bottom of a toilet bowl. Can't imagine a worse way to go (no pun intended).

I had a phone had that happen to as well , not by me .
A friend who was using it, talking on it and slipped out of their hand in bathroom and just happen to go right in toliet.
Bad thing was I had to drive back home without a phone at all . That was about 1,000 miles.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
The OG Droid was a tough phone. I threw mine at least 10 times. Ironically, she died an abrupt death by 1 year old. He dropped her onto a hardwood floor at that (im)perfect angle. Oh well, my GNEX will never fly through the air. My wife would kill me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88