My father got this tablet for me back in late December 2012 after I ended up bedridden due to a severely broken leg... I still remember everything about the day I got it (mom saying "Merry Christmas!" to me as dad walked in and gave me the box with the tablet). It instantly became my favorite gadget and my new addiction. In less than a year I rooted it (still remember mom begging me not to root it till it was a year old, and my father paying $30 for OneClickRoot). I did to it everything a sane hard core tech geek would do to a device that had no modern-day lockdowns, including but not limited to extreme overclocking, various software hacks, game hacking, custom ROMs (up to Android 6.0) and kernels (BlackHawk Next was the best overclock kernel ever for Android 4.1-4.4), etc... I really wish modern devices were so easy and safe to mod and easy to recover if malware destroys your OS... If you are from Samsung or another company and are reading this, know that I would like to see se more developer friendly devices that do not self destruct if you make a mistake installing TWRP.

This tablet was my daily driver until July 1st 2017, when I plunked down my entire savings for a Galaxy Tab S3.

R.I.P Galaxy Tab 2, you will always be in my heart as the device that showed me what Android was and how amazing the technology we have is.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-12-2018 02:26 AM
    HTC One X was my first android device.
    The One X was the flagship and offered a polycarbonate unibody design. It launched on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, with Sense 4.0, and came with a 4.7-inch display. To further confuse things, the One X was powered by a quad-core Nvidia chipset, but a separate version known as the One XL carried a Qualcomm dual-core chipset and offered LTE connectivity.

The One X was a great handset, again pushing design, but the One branding wasn't very clear: HTC was telling us what the message was, but was doing something else, namely launching lots of handsets.
    But the overall experience with the device was good and I used it till 2014. But at that time it was a special device and always has a special has a place in my heart.
    11-12-2018 12:50 AM
    Galaxy S6 was my first android device. Started as a huge Windows Phone fan, until it totally collapsed. Still miss the OS, but it's nice to have so many hardware choices.
    11-29-2018 10:28 AM
    First Android device was a Kyocera torque. It was a rotund kind of phone with a very rugged shell. It had limited storage but was a good phone overall. It introduced me to the freedom of Android os. I had fun with this little phone.
    03-18-2019 10:48 AM
    Started as a huge Windows Phone fan, until it totally collapsed. Still miss the OS, but it's nice to have so many hardware choices.
    03-23-2019 04:43 AM