Adding other google accounts causes Google Play Services to crash consistently

TheColdOne

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else hit this?

I have been playing around some, and I noticed that when I add another Google account to the device with Android L on it and go into google apps or settings (maps, play store, etc), I get a flashing popup "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped", which opens and closes on it's own.

Everything functions, it is just very annoying.

I have been trying to figure out ways to get rid of it, but nothing so far.

I am just using this on my Nexus 5 at the moment, haven't tried installing L on my 7 yet.

TheColdOne

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I MAY have found out what causes it. I left "Restoreand connect to known Wi-Fi networks." unchecked for the extra accounts (all passed the initial one) and I have not gotten the error so far.

There may have been some conflicting settings.

tmack8001

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Did this work for you guys? I don't see this option under the user accounts on "L" though looking under Backup and Restore I see that "Back up my data" setting is toggled off. So maybe there is something else going on here.

This just started for me after adding a Google Account after installing "L" (lpv79) onto my Nexus 5.

TheColdOne

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, I only saw the option when originally adding the account. So you can try deleting the account and re-adding (option is when you put in the email and password), or re-flashing L if the issue still happens.

After I did this (unchecked that box when adding new accounts), I never got the issue again.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Ezra Dushey

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Well, I only saw the option when originally adding the account. So you can try deleting the account and re-adding (option is when you put in the email and password), or re-flashing L if the issue still happens.

After I did this (unchecked that box when adding new accounts), I never got the issue again.

FOR SOME REASON I can't get to these setting because it crashes every time I hit google. So how do I get to these setting from anywhere else but settings?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital