Why won't SDK Manager load from Android Studio (programming)?

JonCamilleri

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
SDK Manager won't load from Android Studio (programming)

I just started a few weeks ago with android programming and I still feel like I need to get used to it even though I am familiar with Java programming. How does it work with you guys and dolls?

Right now I have a little problem in that when I use Android Studio I select SDK Manager but the SDK Manager does not show up so I cannot install plug-ins e.g. Google Glass.

Also I commonly encounter problems where sample applications are not quite working and although hard to articulate the programming stuff is a bit tough to learn initially, how do you suggest going about it?

MrCNmN

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: SDK Manager won't load from Android Studio (programming)

Did you install the all-in-one studio package? If you have installed the sdk seperately, check under "File" - "Project Structure" - "SDK Location" if the path is set correctly. Go check that directory.
If the path is set correctly, you could download the standalone sdk and set the sdk-location manually to the standalone one. The last approach should definitely work.

To learn programming, set yourself a goal for a (simple) app you want to create. Instead of starting from a fairly complex sample, start relatively fresh and clean. From there you can go ahead and expand. That way you understand every line of your code and are not lost if something breaks (and it will ;)).

hf programming! :)