See ya Motoblur!

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Now let's kill Sense and Touchwiz! I know Sense isn't going anywhere any time soon but I can dream. Pure vailla Android FTW.

Sent from my HTC Droid Nexus with Tapatalk.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have never used a device with Motoblur so I can't say anything about it. From what I hear its not impressive. +1 Motorola for listening to the community. (if this is true)

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have never used a device with Motoblur so I can't say anything about it. From what I hear its not impressive. +1 Motorola for listening to the community. (if this is true)

I'm very happy to see the manufactures actually listening to the customers. I've always wished that at least one manufacturer would commit to pure AOSP Android, and if that manufacturer is Motorola then they might be gaining a new customer in the near future. That works out really well for me, actually. If the Nexus Three doesn't make it to Verizon, which I doubt it will, then I can pick up the first vanilla Android Motorola phone on Verizon instead. :D :cool:

EDIT-I reread the article and apparently only the Motoblur name is going away. Well that's disappointing. Does Motorola really think just getting rid of the name will make blur any less crappy? Whatever. That's what happens when you get all excited about something before you have all the facts. *facepalm*

Last edited:
Reactions: orchidsbloom

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy to see the manufactures actually listening to the customers. I've always wished that at least one manufacturer would commit to pure AOSP Android, and if that manufacturer is Motorola then they might be gaining a new customer in the near future. That works out really well for me, actually. If the Nexus Three doesn't make it to Verizon, which I doubt it will, then I can pick up the first vanilla Android Motorola phone on Verizon instead. :D :cool:

EDIT-I reread the article and apparently only the Motoblur name is going away. Well that's disappointing. Does Motorola really think just getting rid of the name will make blur any less crappy? Whatever. That's what happens when you get all excited about something before you have all the facts. *facepalm*

What they are doing is making it more like the X/Droid/Droid2/X2. No more motoblur account, etc. Just a few added fancy widgets and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair