Official 'Name Android O' Thread!

SvenJ

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Okra!

Yes, I know the version names of the past have been desserts or sweets, but this is going to be a new, leaner, meaner, and healthier Google.

Unless Google does something unique and partners with Oreo or licenses the name I don't see that happening. Besides, it would be odd to market Android in Oreos commercials and vice versa.

I think a non generic treat has only happened with Kit Kat before. I always assumed they collaborated on that. I sort of figured, if I were Nestle, I'd love the free advertising. It's not like anyone is going to confuse Kit Kat the OS with Kit Kat the candy, so it just increases name recognition. I might have lobbied for it were I Nestle.

Oreo is Nabisco. Maybe they have the same thought. Android Oreo would put Oreo all over the web and on everyone's mind, and subsequently in their mouths.

MattRevs

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
How about just "Orange"?
Oranges are sweet (and sour I guess)

But people might get confused​ and see it as another insult to the current president...

Maybe "OJ" (Orange Juice)?

Actually, maybe not "OJ" just to avoid any confusion with OJ Simpson...

Crystal Reinl

May 27, 2017
Visit site
How about just "Orange"?
Oranges are sweet (and sour I guess)

But people might get confused​ and see it as another insult to the current president...

Maybe "OJ" (Orange Juice)?

Actually, maybe not "OJ" just to avoid any confusion with OJ Simpson...

Android O has been confirmed to be Android 8.0, and O represents Oreo.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Android Ostrich KFC Drumstick

Of course I am just joking. I think it is Oreo, for sure. Google likes well-known stuff (this is why the replaced Key Lime Pie with KitKat).

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
After dealing with DPs 2 & 3, I'm down with just calling it Ougat, since it's just like Nougat but with seriously annoying notifications. It hasn't earned a good name yet.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, it looks like it might be called Android Octopus... hmm. I'm a little 50/50 on this name. Hoping they still stick with Android Oreo and then switch if they need to. There has been so much anticipation about "Oreo" that i hope they stick with it :) I guess we will have to wait and see.

DRUID DOODE

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I agree with Matty.I saw a picture some were on the web with an octopus and it's eyes looked like oreo's.
I'm a bit behind the ball on this but I am just recalling it could of been on one of the beta programmes s page were the nougat symbol is when you press build number a few times.
What ever it's called imagine the cost if Oreo were to pay for the publicity and advertising it has received so far.
Until a couple of months ago I never saw Oreo any were now when I walk in a shop it's like walking down an isle in the shop and they stand out immediately.
I'm quite surprised they haven't mad deals I don't even think you could pay for the amount of publicity they have received after all nearly everyone who hears it mentioned and they don't know you can guaranteed most would ask who is that or what is that
But then again they might buck trend and go OMG! I hope not but you never know I
I think the octopus is something to do with the Easter egg or is the Easter egg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11