Android O - running list of bugs and glitches (and any fixes)

ajacobs79

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 6P (on Google Fi) recently received the OTA for Android O, along with an update last week. Thus far I'm happy to report very few bugs, and even those are more of the "annoying" versus "crippling" variety. What I wanted to do was form a running list of bugs encountered by users so we can get a full picture of this Beta in one thread. Post away!

* These can be bugs within the OS itself, or apps/services that aren't yet "playing nice" with the Beta.

* Please only list real bugs or glitches, and/or known fixes if applicable. I want to avoid this turning into a complaints forum. We're only in Beta after all. Thank you!

Last edited:

ajacobs79

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
What constitutes a bug? OS only, or apps as well?

I'm pretty certain that Light Manager isn't working correctly (or at all) in the current ) beta.

Some sites/web pages (such as this one https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...4_story.html?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.35aea64dd97b) will crash the Ghostery Privacy Browser if Java is enabled.

Google Pixel XL running Android O build # OPP2.170420.019

it can be app-related as well since that would be a direct consequence of the new OS. Thanks for raising that, and I've updated the thread description to incorporate your feedback!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Reminders not popping?

I have a few reminders set to pop at dinnertime and at bedtime to encourage myself to remember to take my meds and I notice that they are not popping and not showing in the notification bar. However, if I swipe into Google Now, current reminders are there at the top of the page with "Remind me in 1 hour" and "Mark as done" options.

So, in a sense, the reminders *are* popping; they just are not making it to the lock screen or the notification bar at the top of the screen.

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Every time I try to update my weight in the Fitbit app it crashes.

I also notice sometimes when I tap on a notification in the shade, it either doesn't take me to that app, or it takes forever to do so.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty certain that Light Manager isn't working correctly (or at all) in the current ) beta.

Some sites/web pages (such as this one https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...4_story.html?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.35aea64dd97b) will crash the Ghostery Privacy Browser if Javascript is enabled.

Google Pixel XL running Android O build # OPP2.170420.019

Quick update:

Auto-update downloaded a new version of Light Manager yesterday and it seems to be working with "O" now.

Ghostery still crashes on many washingtonpost.com pages if Javascript is enabled, doesn't crash on the same pages if disabled (however, page loses functionality, of course). I went back and forth with the developer a bit and he said the same pages worked fine on his Nexus 6P; I finally sent him a couple of crash logs and haven't heard back from him since.

Another item (that I mentioned elsewhere): I was having problems with Reminders not popping up/not showing an icon in the status bar. That has been resolved by uninstalling updates of the Google App.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with the Play Store on Android O Beta?

I'm getting errors (mostly 963) when installing or updating apps. I can sometimes get it to work if I clear data/cache on Play Store and Play Services.

Pixel XL OPP2.170420.019
Play Store 7.8.16

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with the Play Store on Android O Beta?

I'm getting errors (mostly 963) when installing or updating apps. I can sometimes get it to work if I clear data/cache on Play Store and Play Services.

Pixel XL OPP2.170420.019
Play Store 7.8.16

No problems with Play Store; same phone, same build number, however my Play Store is version 7.8.36.P. I suggest you try uninstalling Play Store updates and then allowing it to re-update itself.

Settings -> Apps & notifications -> App info -> Google Play Store -> [three-dot menu] -> Uninstall updates.

Brian Jones6

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I keep encountering an issue whenever I try to install a Google based .apk
I'm using a Nexus 5X

In the Google App it shows that I'm running 6.16.35.26.arm64, but I'm signed up for the beta program and in the Play Store it shows that I'm on version 7.4.15.21.arm64. Tried installing the beta .apk but got the "Problem Parsing Package" error.

I tried installing the new version of the Chrome 59 and it just says "app not installed."

Anyone else having this problem?

Stephen D1

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Since the latest update on my Nexus 6P I have double text notifications when using the quick reply in the notification drawer. The stock messenger app has crashed 7-8 times since updating yesterday. I have also had 1 UI crash as well. other than that all the other apps have been running much more smoothly since updating.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Since the latest update on my Nexus 6P I have double text notifications when using the quick reply in the notification drawer. The stock messenger app has crashed 7-8 times since updating yesterday. I have also had 1 UI crash as well. other than that all the other apps have been running much more smoothly since updating.
Have you cleared the messaging app's cache?

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed an issue, at least I think it is, with the Always On VPN having a persistent disconnected notification.

Nexus 5x OPP3.170518.006

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It usually only kicks in when Android automatically connects to open networks. If you actually log in to a network, then the VPN doesn't kick in.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams