Android O - running list of bugs and glitches (and any fixes)

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone using a 3rd party launcher and multiple icon packs:

Have you found a calendar icon that auto-updates its displayed date every day?

I normally use a Difft calendar icon (with Nova launcher) because I know that its date has always changed daily on MM and Nougat, but that same icon does not update on my 6P running 8.0. I have yet to find a calendar icon that will work dynamically in 8.0.

(I'm not calling this a bug: I'm assuming a lot of devs are either waiting for a final release of 8.0 to worry about this sort of updating or that they're dealing with bigger problems related to 8.0.)

erehwon13

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I've had a persistent bug with O that I haven't seen raised before. I can't save some types of shortcuts to the home screen on my Nexus 6P. In Chrome, selecting "Add to Home Screen" gives me the toast message saying it worked but it never appears on my home screen. Also, when adding a shortcut to a Notepad in OneNote fails to add anything to the home screen.

I've just updated to ODP4 hoping it would fix the bug but it is still there. I'm running Nova launcher but I also tried it on the default launcher and got the same error, so it's not Nova.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? Alternatively, have you been able to add shortcuts?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had a persistent bug with O that I haven't seen raised before. I can't save some types of shortcuts to the home screen on my Nexus 6P. In Chrome, selecting "Add to Home Screen" gives me the toast message saying it worked but it never appears on my home screen. Also, when adding a shortcut to a Notepad in OneNote fails to add anything to the home screen.

I've just updated to ODP4 hoping it would fix the bug but it is still there. I'm running Nova launcher but I also tried it on the default launcher and got the same error, so it's not Nova.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? Alternatively, have you been able to add shortcuts?
I had that problem where new install icons wouldn't show up on home screen with DP3. But, when I installed DP4, it cleared up.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth won't always connect properly since DP4. Have to restart phone for it to connect fully, or at all. This is with a Ford Sync w/My Touch. Anyone else seen this?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Android Auto is working for me now. I just installed O today so that I could see if AA works, it wasn't the last time I tried O but this version seems to work.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth won't always connect properly since DP4. Have to restart phone for it to connect fully, or at all. This is with a Ford Sync w/My Touch. Anyone else seen this?

I have had these same issues on my 6P with DP4 and my 2017 Hyundai Sonota. In addition, AA has not worked or worked but acted slow/laggy.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So, I got the stable OTA today. I've noticed though that I get the Always-on VPN Disconnected. So, I looked at setup and everything is as it should (I've used Always-on since Nougat), but the notification still persists. I even tried restart, shut down and power on, and it's still there. Anyone encounter this?

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
When using PiP, if you turn off the screen or the screen powers off, turning the screen back on will reboot the phone.

Mark_Twain007

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I can't receive any text messages since updating. Anybody else have this issue. I have tried a different SIM card with my number, and a 3rd SIM card with a different number. Tried resetting all network setting, rebooting, nothing. Trying a factory reset now.

EDIT: Sorry, this is on a Pixel XL on Verizon.

Last edited:

waypointteam

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
Wife's new S8 is having similar issue. SIM from 3rd party going CDMA with Verizon. It actually worked for one day, but after an update the next, it won't connect to the network. I get Emergency Calls Only. Have tried playing with APN's, reboots, hard resets, wiping cache, pulling SIM and trying another. Now I'm just pulling my hair. I can't even get bars long enough to try to connect to the network. Keep getting a Refreshing SIM Data popup too. Any ideas anyone?