I can't return to public release of android from android O, help?

A

AC Question

My phone keeps crashing and rebooting. I have factory reset from recovery mode two times now, and both times this issue has stemmed from downloading movies and TV shows from the Play Movies & TV app. I have looked up guides on how to go back to a live public release, but I haven't received any OTA updates to go back. All I have done was un-enroll from android beta and check for updates. Am I doing something wrong?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You can install a factory image on a Pixel, it's done exactly the same way as you do it on a Nexus.
Right. However, I am told that the Nexus Root Toolkit dues my officially support Pixel phones.

Do you have other information to the contrary?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
All you need is fastboot which is in the Android development tools. The zip file contains a script to install the image, flash-all.sh on Linux, .bat on Windows. You have to put the phone into developer mode first by clicking on the build number until you are a developer. Then you enabled OEM unlocking under develop options. Then boot into the boot screen and unlock the phone then run the install script, you have to be root to do it on Linux, don't know anything about Windows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC