So I recently flashed a custom rom to a Samsung Galaxy S 4g SGH-T959V by rooting it with superoneclick, flashing a custom kernel that had cwm recovery, then installing the custom rom zip file with cwm. Then I rebooted. The Samsung galaxy 4g boot logo displayed for a few seconds, the screen went black for half a second, then returned to the boot logo. After a few more seconds of displaying the boot logo, the cwm recovery interface displayed. I rebooted, and the same result. So I installed another ROM with cwm and rebooted. Then instead of displaying the cwm interface after the boot logo, the word teamwin displayed on the screen for about a second, followed by the TWRP v2.6.3.0 interface. After that I wiped the dalvik cache and rebooted again. Still the phone was stuck at the bootlogo. I tried factory reseting then reinstalling the Custom ROM, but the same thing happened. I tried installing different ROMs remembering to factory reset and wipe the dalvik cache before installing the ROM, then wiping the Dalvik Cache after installing. Same result.
    How can I fix this and get to the OS, or at least restore the phone to it's stock OS?
    07-03-2015 08:39 PM
    1. You don't root, THEN flash a ROM, since it's the ROM you're rooting - then replacing. It's like washing your hands before working on the car engine.

2. See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN. Then install CWM or TWRP. Then back up the current ROM, so if you mess anything up, you can at least get back a working ROM.

3. You don't have to wipe anything before installing a ROM, you do it after you install the ROM. Since the new ROM isn't running before you install it. wiping cache and doing a factory reset isn't going to have any effect until after you flash the ROM.
    07-03-2015 11:38 PM