Love Android Pay

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
A number of people in the play store have complained about the app being split up. Not me. I love it. The new app is cool and when you make a transaction with the app, the store does not get your card number. Hoping this means less chance of hacking. I do not think Google Wallet worked that way when you paid through the Wallet, but I am not sure.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping to use Samsung Pay once it comes out anyway, but I'm with the people who aren't 'happy' with the split. They could have very well just implemented the virtual card thing (if not there already) and be done with it. I don't get why you'd split the app in two. I use Wallet in it's current state (haven't been updated for me) and it works well with NFC Payments.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
My problem with Android pay is it isn't let me use my Chase debit card but other people are saying it took theirs just fine. Yet, it took my Google wallet card. I guess since my debit card is linked to it it should work the same way.

Posted via the Android Central App

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Installed Android Pay. It works well. It won't accept my Chase cards either. Hopefully Google and Chase will work this out.

Posted via Android Central App

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Installed Android Pay. It works well. It won't accept my Chase cards either. Hopefully Google and Chase will work this out.

Posted via Android Central App

Someone on another post said that their chase debit card was taken with no problem. So Idk whats going on

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I do not mind the separation of the two apps because I do not transfer money often and Android Pay is so easy to get to and find the cards you are looking for. That said, I agree Android could have kept the app together.

I had one card the app would not take and that was our HSA card. It used to be a Chase card and I had it in Wallet though I never paid for anything with the HSA card through Wallet. The new card I think is called HSA Bank and Android Pay said there was no agreement yet between it and that bank.

It took my Amex cards, Bank of America cards, Barclay card and Discover card. I also received notification from BofA and Amex that the cards were added to Android Pay. Amex said the charges would say AdrdPy on the statement.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Remember that since Android Pay (and Samsung Pay) uses virtual cards, your bank and specific card needs to support this. Not all bank cards do! Some debit ones might, some might not. It's up to your bank! So first find out if your specific card supports virtual cards or not; if it doesn't, it won't work with Android Pay/Samsung Pay.

This is why I liked Wallet... it worked with any card.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
You can request a call back to get help with Android Pay.

I have already emailed back and forth with them. They said it was Chase blocking my card from working. If that's the case why are other people able to use theirs? Anyway, they were no help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have already emailed back and forth with them. They said it was Chase blocking my card from working. If that's the case why are other people able to use theirs? Anyway, they were no help.

Again, if your SPECIFIC card doesn't support Virtual Cards (or your specific plan needs activation or something extra from your bank) you won't be able to add it to any of these services.

Not all debit/credit cards have the same restrictions/features.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I would never use any of that stuff even if you paid me to do so. A phone for communication and getting tasks done

Credit cards are for paying and if course I don't trust the encryption of Google, Samsung, Apple and whoever has this feature too

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I understand your point... but to be fair, the encryption and security features of these apps are WAY better than physical credit cards, even those with a chip. On top of that, you get a virtual card for EVERY transaction. That means that even if someone were to breach the vendor's systems and get your information, that number cannot be used again.

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I would never use any of that stuff even if you paid me to do so. A phone for communication and getting tasks done

Credit cards are for paying and if course I don't trust the encryption of Google, Samsung, Apple and whoever has this feature too

Agree 100%

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Not to be argumentative, but paying with your phone is completing a task.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for it to arrive on my S6 myself.....slower rollout than I expected unless I am missing something

Same here. How exactly does this thing "roll out" ? Currently have 2 versions of Wallet on my Note 4. Does one magically rename itself eventually?

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
My problem with Android pay is it isn't let me use my Chase debit card but other people are saying it took theirs just fine. Yet, it took my Google wallet card. I guess since my debit card is linked to it it should work the same way.

What's the error message? I couldn't enter my cc until I disabled twilight. Search the forums it might be an app causing the conflict.

beep