Android Pay - General Comments and Issues

cjquijano

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been doing some experimenting myself and I'm getting the feeling that it's less about Android Pay requiring a lock screen and more that it requires an active unlock method. I've come to this conclusion after testing with and without my Moto 360.

This could make sense but you would think Google would mention that Trusted Devices are not supported. Also, several of are still being asked, not once, but three times for our lock pattern. So something is still wrong.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I have a 360 and am using trusted devices too. When I use Android Pay I pull out my phone swipe to unlock, tap the scanner, enter my unlock pattern one time, then it tells me to hold my phone to the scanner again, then the transaction is done. That's not the normal process I should be seeing?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Tried again this afternoon, I only had to put my pin in once while unlocked with the 360, so I'm assuming that it's the Trusted Device theory. Which makes a little sense, but is still annoying.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
So I have a unsupported card. However this does not fix the notification issues. Every time I get any notification it locks the screen, smart lock enabled,and I have to type the code. I abuse my phone for work and open it hundreds of times a day and need quick access to various apps. I had to go back to wallet just because it backs up every day work. I hate lock screen codes. Finger print sensor would be different.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
So I have a unsupported card. However this does not fix the notification issues. Every time I get any notification it locks the screen, smart lock enabled,and I have to type the code. I abuse my phone for work and open it hundreds of times a day and need quick access to various apps. I had to go back to wallet just because it backs up every day work. I hate lock screen codes. Finger print sensor would be different.

So are you saying your employer has some software on your phone that locks the device every time you get a notification? Because if that's not what's going on then there's some other issue here because smart lock doesn't work like that.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It has something to do with priority notifications. My phone thinks all notifications are priority. When I get any notification it locks the screen for privacy. I have a choice of either removing all lockscreen notifications, having to unlock my phone for every email and text, or uninstall Android pay, remove lock screen code, go back to wallet and have a phone that is easy to use.

Posted via the AC app with my antique G3

thNoz

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
That would be what brought me here. I also am using Trusted Devices with a Moto 360 and was asked to put in my pattern repeatedly despite being unlocked already.

That's been exactly my experience. I hope they update Android Pay in the near future to work seamlessly with Trusted Devices. I hate using a screen lock with a PIN because I use my phone constantly throughout the day at work and hate putting the PIN in all the time. I love using the Trusted Devices feature with my Moto 360. I was really disappointed the first time I used Android Pay with my phone unlocked via my 360, only to have it ask for my lock PIN. When I entered it and tapped again, I got an angry beep and it failed to pay. Then it asked for a PIN again. Entered it, tapped, angry beep, fail. Android Pay works immediately if I turn off Smart Lock and just use the screen lock PIN. I don't expect a patch any time soon, though; I bet the overall number of people who use Smart Lock with trusted devices is relatively small. We're probably a much smaller number than the number of pissed off rooted/custom ROM folks.

Gerry Polk

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
My Nexus 6 consistently requires 3 unlocks (patterns) each time I use "Android Pay", even though my phone is unlocked when I tap to pay. I'm unimpressed so far. "Wallet" was easier to use for tap and pay.

Techjourney

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I updated from the old Google Wallet to Android Pay last week on my GS6 edge. Using my fingerprint scanner to unlock, each attempt has been successful with Android Pay, six transactions so far.

One problem though. Android Pay is not keeping track of each transaction. When I open the app, tap on my card, it says "No transactions available". Each transaction has been posted and completed in my banking app (Bank of America). Google is looking into this issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome