How to pay with card other than the default one?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I think the inability to change which card you're using will negate the benefits of using Android Pay in the first place when you also wish to use a loyalty card. At places like Subway, there is literally NO way to use your phone to provide your loyalty card, requiring you to pull out your wallet to swipe it. At that point, you might as well just use your plastic card.

I believe Subway CAN take your loyalty card through NFC, if you have an iPhone.

Dunn Mark

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
That kinda defeats the purpose of not having to open the app when paying, in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App
If it is stopping you to ask a question what difference is there in opening it? If you don't want to interact leave it closed if you want to change cards tell it either way you are interacting. Difference of one more tap to open as opposed to a single tap for asking each time.

anon(935553)

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I can confirm this, it happened to me. I thought I could use a different card by just having it highlighted/selected when tapping. It still used the default card...

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm glad you said that, (Thank you), I was going to test that with paying for Petrol tonight.. Fiancée and I pay for petrol and shopping on joint, but then lunch and what ever on our personal. I thought like you, that if the card was selected, and open and you are on that card screen, it would attempt to use that card...

I am glad I hadn't now, I am not sure my personal account could take the hit of a weekly shop near the end of the month while the joint is designed to..

- Colin.

Last edited:

blouwagie

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe this used to work nu tapping on the card, it took me weeks to find the actual answer. Here is is: 1) open the app 2) tap the card 3) see the list of transactions and scroll all the way down on that list 4) at the bottom of that list you will see: make default card. Remove is another option. (The need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list of transactions is the confusing part, nothing indicates that there will be actions at the bottom of that list)

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Pay with a non-default payment method
You can make a one-time payment with a non-default card. If you want to switch cards for future purchases, you can change your default card.

Unlock your device.
Open the Google Pay app Google Pay.
At the top, on your card, swipe left until you find the card you want to use.
Hold the back of your phone against the contactless payment terminal.
If prompted, choose "Credit" regardless of your type of card.
For debit card transactions, you may have to enter a PIN. Use the PIN you set up with your bank or service provider.
Tip: You can also open the Google Pay app, tap Cards, select the card you want to use, then hold the back of your phone against the contactless payment terminal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair