Hi. Really want to use both but wanted to see if I can get something cleared up first.
    1. when you use android pay, does it show on your credit card statement as android pay or does the merchant show?
    2. i've been scammed through venmo before when selling a phone on craigslist. Venmo doesn't take any responsibility for it stating its a violation of is TOS. Does the new wallet have any type of verification system if I wanted to use it beyond payments between trust friends? Such as for dealing with craigslisters?
    09-18-2015 03:23 PM
    1) Both. It gives you the name of the merchant BUT it precedes with an Android Pay identifier (in the 'old' Wallet it was GOOGNFC).
    2) There is security when making transfers, but once the transfer is made, it's done. Just like with erroneous bank transactions, you could call the bank and see if they can cancel the operation.
    09-18-2015 04:11 PM
    Hi. Really want to use both but wanted to see if I can get something cleared up first.
    1. when you use android pay, does it show on your credit card statement as android pay or does the merchant show?
    I just made a purchase at a Bartell Drugs using my Bank of America VISA credit card via Android Pay. On my statement it showed up as "01 BARTELL DRUGS". Could potentially be different for each bank/card type.

2. i've been scammed through venmo before when selling a phone on craigslist. Venmo doesn't take any responsibility for it stating its a violation of is TOS. Does the new wallet have any type of verification system if I wanted to use it beyond payments between trust friends? Such as for dealing with craigslisters?
    Google Wallet isn't going to offer any kind of fraud protection like you'd get with Amazon Payments or PayPal through eBay... since every transfer in Google Wallet is just a person-to-person with no fees or knowledge of what the payment is for. The transactions themselves are fully secure, but it's up to you to decide if the payment (or other person) is legitimate.

How exactly can you get scammed, though? You mean as in you pay someone and they don't send you the device or the device isn't as advertised? That's not really something that Google Wallet (or any other payment processor outside of the site/service you're using to purchase on) can help you with.
    kingorkid and SpookDroid like this.
    09-18-2015 05:22 PM
    From the American Express site, transactions from Android Pay on THEIR eligible cards will show up with an "AdrdPy" prefix and all offers and rewards are honored whether you use Android Pay or the physical card. Like Andrew said (and since his transaction shows a different prefix), this may vary by bank.
    https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-pay/faqs.html
    09-22-2015 03:39 PM
    I'm using Wells Fargo. The Android Pay transactions show up in my bank statement the same as if I used my actual debit card. I remember with Wallet it would be goognfc or something like that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-22-2015 06:51 PM