02-13-2017 10:12 AM
59 123
tools
    If any card hasn't changed over to the new tokenization it will still work by using its old virtual MasterCard system

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2015 07:56 AM
    Doesn't work. Tried in CVS with Discover Card
    CVS no longer accepts NFC payment

09-21-2015 07:58 AM
    These are nice comments compared to the reviews in the Play Store.
    09-21-2015 10:33 AM
    I used Android Pay a few days ago,from a stock phone. I just unlocked phone once and it worked flawlessly.
    I also updated to Android Pay on another phone that is rooted
    But once I saw I couldn't re add my cards.
    I uninstalled the Android Pay update and now it shows the tap n pay option on Google Wallet as it was before updating to Android Pay.
    I haven't used the tap n pay on that phone yet to see if it still works maybe today I will
    So just sticking with Google Wallet on my rooted phone since it works

Sent from my Nexus 6
    09-21-2015 10:50 AM
    neither for me, app crashes on my new android phone
    09-21-2015 10:54 AM
    Maybe a little bit. But it's just a week after the release. I'm sure they'll work out kinks in time. The key "feature" isn't being able to tap to pay though. It's the fact that its more secure than normal swipe payments. Your actual credit card info is never really used when paying with Android Pay because of tokenization. If everyone was using this type of transaction system the Target hack wouldn't have been a big deal because they wouldn't have had anyone's real cc info.
    Assuming Google doesn't get hacked. Then they have everyone's right?
    09-21-2015 10:59 AM
    I don't know about that, but Android Pay hasn't ask me for a PIN - I only needed a one-time code to verify the credit card. My only PIN protection is for unlocking the phone.

This may explain both of our questions: http://www.androidcentral.com/if-you...ock-screen-too
    09-21-2015 02:49 PM
    Am I missing something here? I just tried this out again at Walgreens. My phone is already unlocked when I go in. I tap my phone to the reader. I am then prompted to enter my password that I have set up to unlock the phone. After I do that I am then prompted to enter the passcode once again to confirm. After that, I again tap the reader to pay. And then Walgreen's asks me for my 4 digit pin#.

So it is a five step process in total. 4 steps for Google's Android pay and the one last step for Walgreen's to enter the 4 digit Android pay pin number.

This is unbelievably time consuming. It seems much faster just to swipe my credit card. Unless I am doing something wrong. Am I?
    09-21-2015 06:38 PM
    Thanks! Disabling Lux worked.
    09-21-2015 07:06 PM
    I couldn't finish entering my cards initially because I had apps that "draw over the screen", in my case it was Twilight and Lux. When I tried using it at two different sores that I was able to use Google Wallet at I got to the authenticate with fingerprint and then nothing. I'm using a S6 on Verizon.
    JimmieCD likes this.
    09-21-2015 10:58 PM
    Mine didn't need any of that. I unlocked my phone, I waved it over the terminal, it beeped and it was accepted. There was still a dialogue on the terminal (This is the amount, are you sure?), but that's the store, not me.

I have shortened the time for my screen to lock, though, down to whatever the shortest choice is. Even though thieves can't get my credit card number, they could still use my phone to pay for stuff if the screen is unlocked for them.
    09-22-2015 08:35 AM
    Mine didn't need any of that. I unlocked my phone, I waved it over the terminal, it beeped and it was accepted. There was still a dialogue on the terminal (This is the amount, are you sure?), but that's the store, not me.

I have shortened the time for my screen to lock, though, down to whatever the shortest choice is. Even though thieves can't get my credit card number, they could still use my phone to pay for stuff if the screen is unlocked for them.
    I have my screen lock set for 30 minutes, the maximum...therefore it is usually never locked since I am off and on the phone most of the day. Are you suggesting that I lock the phone right before checkout, then unlock it before using Android Pay?
    09-22-2015 08:37 AM
    I cannot recommend the right convenience-security tradeoff for you. My own preference is a 1 minute screen lock or less. So yes, I am frequently entering my passcode. But if a thief gets my phone, it'll probably lock before he gets to Android Pay.
    09-22-2015 04:48 PM
    Am I missing something here? I just tried this out again at Walgreens. My phone is already unlocked when I go in. I tap my phone to the reader. I am then prompted to enter my password that I have set up to unlock the phone. After I do that I am then prompted to enter the passcode once again to confirm. After that, I again tap the reader to pay. And then Walgreen's asks me for my 4 digit pin#.

So it is a five step process in total. 4 steps for Google's Android pay and the one last step for Walgreen's to enter the 4 digit Android pay pin number.

This is unbelievably time consuming. It seems much faster just to swipe my credit card. Unless I am doing something wrong. Am I?
    You must be using a debit card. Select credit and you won't have to enter that 4 digit pin.

09-22-2015 06:03 PM
    You must be using a debit card. Select credit and you won't have to enter that 4 digit pin.

Nope. All credit cards
    09-22-2015 06:04 PM
    Assuming Google doesn't get hacked. Then they have everyone's right?
    If Google gets hacked you might as well say the entire Internet got hacked.

09-22-2015 06:05 PM
    Nope. All credit cards
    It must be some requirement from the cc company. When I use Pay at Walgreens it defaults to debit, which makes you enter a pin. But if I tap the credit button on the lower left corner of the screen I don't have to put in a pin.

09-22-2015 06:09 PM
    False statement actually my phone is rooted. I setup Tasker to just have 1 click to disable SuperSU prior to me opening up Android Pay. I have used several times including tonight and it works fine. Just have to make sure the card is fully accepted.
    09-23-2015 08:00 PM
    I was thinking of setting something like this up, but didn't know if it would actually work for the payment part. I did get my card set up by temporarily unrooting and that worked fine. Are you using something like AutoInput to disable/enable superuser or did you come up with a different solution?
    09-23-2015 09:36 PM
    Here is a new one: Went into local Walgreens today and got an error message on the checkout machine that my card was not supported. I then switched the default card and got the same error message. Weird because I have used Android Pay at that same Walgreens successfully many times and absolutely nothing was changed on my Android Pay setup. Same cards and everything. Thoughts?
    JaxDomino likes this.
    09-27-2015 11:27 AM
    I tried at Winn-Dixie and it worked after at least a minute of tapping, swiping my fingerprint and swiping doing my finger print again. It was way more cumbersome than Wallet! I just had to enter my Wallet PIN and it worked after tapping to pay. I tried it this morning at Walgreens and it failed. Said card was not accepted. I was using my AmEx Platinum which IS supported for token based transaction and it my Galaxy Note 5 STOCK, would not work. I had to pull out my card and dip to pay. This is very cumbersome compared to Wallet.
    09-28-2015 07:24 AM
    Same thing here! Tried it Walgreens and it fails.
    09-28-2015 07:25 AM
    Had a problem with Android Pay on my phone but I'm not sure if it's an issue with Samsung Pay being active at the same time. The lights on the NCF reader would only go half way and never continue. Anyone else see this behavior? Samsung Pay works with no issues.
    10-08-2015 09:37 AM
    Not compatible with N5 running Marshmallow??
    10-08-2015 06:15 PM
    I have the same problem. I unlocked my phone at Jamaba Juice and put my phone by the pay symbol. Nothing happened. I do have a default card all set up. Any thoughts?
    10-19-2015 05:04 PM
59 123