Android pay not working

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The old Google Wallet worked fine. With Android Pay I am asked to enter my pin not once but twice??? Am I doing something wrong? Also I find that it doesn't even work most of the time where Google Wallet worked perfectly. And I am using the exact same credit cards.. Any advice out there?

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
FIrst, some obvious questions.

Did you actual re-register your cards in Android Pay? If you click + and see your card listed under "Choose a card for Android Pay", you need to follow through on each of the cards. They'll prompt you for the CVV number.

Secondly, if you have rooted your phone or use the XPosed module, Android Pay will not work.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
FIrst, some obvious questions.

Did you actual re-register your cards in Android Pay? If you click + and see your card listed under "Choose a card for Android Pay", you need to follow through on each of the cards. They'll prompt you for the CVV number.

Secondly, if you have rooted your phone or use the XPosed module, Android Pay will not work.

Yes I reregistered all of my cards and entered the CVC number. And no my phone is not rooted.

Another thing....even when my phone is unlocked I am prompted to enter my unlock code..twice!!! Do you have to do that also?

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Did you install the latest update? I think it was released sometime in the last two days. Before this latest update the process went like: tap>Enter lock code>tap again>Enter lock code again>done. I just bought something at Walgreens today and it went like: tap>Enter lock code>tap again>done. So I had to tap twice but only entered my code once.

Posted via the Android Central App

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you install the latest update? I think it was released sometime in the last two days. Before this latest update the process went like: tap>Enter lock code>tap again>Enter lock code again>done. I just bought something at Walgreens today and it went like: tap>Enter lock code>tap again>done. So I had to tap twice but only entered my code once.

That still is way too long a process. I should be able to just tap and pay like I used to with Google wallet. It is now more cumbersome than just swiping with a credit card.

dmgerbino

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
We are in the early days of Android Pay. Over time more cards will be upgraded to the new tokenization standards from the card networks.

Also, playing via a swipe is going away. Doing the EMV dip is the future. Tap and pay will be easier.

Posted via Android Central App

Yusuf

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried Android pay at Walgreens today and it did not work. When I put my phone near the terminal it made a sound but it failed to process the payment. I tried three times and quit.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
That still is way too long a process. I should be able to just tap and pay like I used to with Google wallet. It is now more cumbersome than just swiping with a credit card.

Maybe a little bit. But it's just a week after the release. I'm sure they'll work out kinks in time. The key "feature" isn't being able to tap to pay though. It's the fact that its more secure than normal swipe payments. Your actual credit card info is never really used when paying with Android Pay because of tokenization. If everyone was using this type of transaction system the Target hack wouldn't have been a big deal because they wouldn't have had anyone's real cc info.

lish119

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Android Pay is not working on my Droid Turbo. When I get to the screen to add my card, my card from Google Wallet information is ready to transfer, minus the CSV. When I add the CSV, a message appears stating that another app is blocking my ability to use Android Pay.

mrushie

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue initially. When I had both Android Pay and the old Google Wallet app. Apparently, both apps were trying to use the same process. I had to sign out of Google Wallet. Then I was allowed to finish adding my card in Android Pay.

nsharper

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I used Android Pay for the first time today (at Trader Joe's). I unlocked my phone, tapped the phone to the terminal and pulled it away, my phone prompted me to hold it there longer, and it worked great.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
The old Google Wallet worked fine. With Android Pay I am asked to enter my pin not once but twice??? Am I doing something wrong? Also I find that it doesn't even work most of the time where Google Wallet worked perfectly. And I am using the exact same credit cards.. Any advice out there?

Where is it asking for pin? On the phone or on the terminal when you're checking out? If it asks for pin at the terminal you can just select credit option, no need to enter pin. If it's in phone then just select pattern instead of pin.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

It's actually faster. Before on g wallet you needed to unlock your phone and then after tapping you would need to enter gwallet pin again. Now with Android pay after unlocking your phone and tapping it will just go through or ask for pin at the register which you can then just select credit.

lish119

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Actually, I deleted Google wallet, with this in mind. I still have the same problem. I have deleted Android Pay several times and re-installed with no success.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Initially couldn't add my card due to root privileges. Went to SuperSu and uninstalled root . After that the card added fine. After that I called and verified the card with my bank, and was told it was ready to use. I then reinstalled root. Today it wouldn't work at Meijer. I uninstalled root right there again to see if that was the issue, and it still failed to work with error "Android Pay can't use this card at this time".

As a recourse I removed the card, readded the card then called and reverified with my bank. I also removed the old wallet app, and updated Android Pay. I'll try it again this week.

Anyone know if Smartlock is possibly hindering things? I have a pattern lock, but Smartlock had it turned off as I was connected to the Meijer WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Paul Rezendes

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problems others have. Google Wallet worked perfectly for me, the new android pay fails the transaction at the register every time now. I am told my the clerks that it declined the card. Even several places I used Wallet this happens.

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Girlfriend used it successfully and quite fast at whole foods. Didn't try it myself yet but looks a bit faster than the older gwallet way.

gingarteguy82

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The card will not work if you're rooted. You might be able to add cards by disabling it but you won't be able to make a payment

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza