02-13-2017 10:12 AM
59 123
tools
    I have the same problem. I unlocked my phone at Jamaba Juice and put my phone by the pay symbol. Nothing happened. I do have a default card all set up. Any thoughts?
    I had no problems twice at Jamba Juice.. I did disable Smart Lock, which causes the app to ask for your PIN repeatedly because the app doesn't recognize it as a legit unlock. I hope that changes.

I tried to use it at Staples and twice it asked me to enter my full credit card # and expiration date!?! I obviously did not go through with that.
    10-20-2015 10:26 AM
    i have noticed that sometimes the cashier needs to do something on their end before the NFC reader activates and your phone can send a signal.
    10-23-2015 01:55 PM
    Well, I see I'm not the only having this problem. Something must be wrong with their system. I used Android pay a few times and it worked just as well as Apple Play, other than having to unlock your phone. Now it never works, with any card I use, at stores I've used it before.
    10-23-2015 08:36 PM
    Android Pay hasn't worked for me since it launched. Tried on Motorola Droid Maxx and then Moto X Pure Edition. Tried several different places. Is there some way to escalate this with Google?
    10-26-2015 01:52 PM
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a recent update to the app. Google updates their apps frequently. Either they don't know of problems or they are taking a long time to figure out how to fix them.
    11-02-2015 10:49 PM
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a recent update to the app. Google updates their apps frequently. Either they don't know of problems or they are taking a long time to figure out how to fix them.
    Or they don't know how to fix it and don't have the agreements in place like some of the other companies (ie..apple).
    11-04-2015 01:51 PM
    Anyone in the UK getting this to work, every single time I've launched it, get an error and it has to be closed and to report the app.
    11-05-2015 03:00 PM
    I tried Android pay at Walgreens today and it did not work. When I put my phone near the terminal it made a sound but it failed to process the payment. I tried three times and quit.
    I hate this so much. I tried, i know NFC was on and android pay is all setup with verified card and everything... go to register, time for checkout, tap..... TAP..... TAP..... nothing. cashier looks at me like i am retarded and says "you need to put in a credit card"

i just gave her cash and walked out like a moron.
    12-17-2016 12:23 PM
    Android Pay should work as long as the phone is unlocked and NFC is on. However, I have discovered one location where Android Pay won't work unless I open the app first. I don't know why that would be.
    02-13-2017 10:12 AM
59 123