I hate the fact I must have phone security enabled. The old Google Wallet didn't require it and I used NFC payments, same with ISIS Wallet. I understand setting up a PIN code or fingerprint scan in the application itself, but let me keep just a swipe lock screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    2morebatteries and Ironzey like this.
    09-20-2015 04:05 AM
    Same here, I rather have no lock on my phone than Android pay. Fingerprint scanning and trusted places isn't good for me either, when I turn my phone on I want to immediately start using it (no slide to unlock, I hate that as much as putting in a PIN).

I just don't get why they don't require the lock on Android Pay. Like they did with Wallet, you didn't get onto it without a PIN. Still had security without requiring the entire phone to be locked.

Worst thing, now I can't uninstal Android Pay.

I'm holding out hope for Samsung Pay.
    2morebatteries likes this.
    09-20-2015 08:09 AM
    a pattern isn't bad, try that. you could set up a minimum of four points and easily swipe to unlock
    the advantage to locking the entire phone for Android Pay, compared to Wallet, is that all you have to do is unlock the phone (assuming NFC is always on) and then Tap and Pay. With Wallet, you had to open your phone find the Wallet app, open it, enter your PIN, and then you could use it (when it worked).
    09-20-2015 09:01 AM
    a pattern isn't bad, try that. you could set up a minimum of four points and easily swipe to unlock
    the advantage to locking the entire phone for Android Pay, compared to Wallet, is that all you have to do is unlock the phone (assuming NFC is always on) and then Tap and Pay. With Wallet, you had to open your phone find the Wallet app, open it, enter your PIN, and then you could use it (when it worked).
    09-20-2015 09:01 AM
    Yeah I understand pattern is easy, but I want no restriction. It is my phone and my data. It's not like I'm on my company exchange service and could access private information that they want security forced on the device.

If anything Samsung could copy the cooler security used by LG, with the tap unlock pattern. That I would not find annoying. If forced to it.

2morebatteries likes this.
    09-20-2015 10:35 AM
    The way to go for maximum convenience is a patten lock and Google's Smart Lock tools. With On-body detection, trusted places, and a healthy lock timeout you'll barely notice it's locked.

mrmoe110 likes this.
    09-22-2015 12:37 AM
    I completely agree. I hate that Google has forced me into a what is likely a less secure unlock for my phone. It is far less likely for someone to be able to see one's Knock Code from finger prints than a pattern or a PIN. I was fine with a PIN to open the app, but let me control my own phone security settings.

I've also had issues with cards being accepted into Android Wallet.

Honestly, Google Wallet worked fine. I didn't need to have it split off.
    09-22-2015 10:11 AM
    It's so that you don't have to open up an app to make a secure payment. I'm pretty sure it's the same number of actions as before.
    09-22-2015 10:37 AM
    Just got an Email from American Express advertising Android Pay, so pretty sure they are sending this to all card members because I already completed my sign up with them last week. Even though folks may not like the security requirements on the phone, banks and financial institutions do like it. Without it, I doubt the banks would be on board since lack of security seems to be a floating rumor about the Android system in general.

I would rather have the phone security at the lockscreen than not have major banks and institutions support Android pay. These same institutions would not allow Google Wallet and now I walk around my city and see tap and pay Android signs all over the place. I am still in shock about it.
    mrmoe110 likes this.
    09-22-2015 12:59 PM
    The way to go for maximum convenience is a patten lock and Google's Smart Lock tools. With On-body detection, trusted places, and a healthy lock timeout you'll barely notice it's locked.

This. I just don't understand the issue people have with the secure device requirement since I use all the Smart Lock features. The only time I have to input my pattern besides when I'm paying for something is when I've been away from my phone.

09-22-2015 06:35 PM
    Same here, I rather have no lock on my phone than Android pay. Fingerprint scanning and trusted places isn't good for me either, when I turn my phone on I want to immediately start using it (no slide to unlock, I hate that as much as putting in a PIN).

I just don't get why they don't require the lock on Android Pay. Like they did with Wallet, you didn't get onto it without a PIN. Still had security without requiring the entire phone to be locked.

Worst thing, now I can't uninstal Android Pay.

I'm holding out hope for Samsung Pay.
    Why you can't uninstall Android pay? I've been able to uninstall it and reinstall it.
    09-23-2015 07:09 PM
    The problem with Smartlock is that you STILL have to put in your PIN or pattern when you go to use Android Pay, even when the phone is unlocked via the Smartlock. Yes, that is the best solution to being able to use Android Pay without messing with a screenlock, but once I go to the trouble to set up trusted devices, places and body detection, it shouldn't still ask me for a pattern or PIN when I tap to pay.
    09-24-2015 03:13 PM
    The problem with Smartlock is that you STILL have to put in your PIN or pattern when you go to use Android Pay, even when the phone is unlocked via the Smartlock. Yes, that is the best solution to being able to use Android Pay without messing with a screenlock, but once I go to the trouble to set up trusted devices, places and body detection, it shouldn't still ask me for a pattern or PIN when I tap to pay.
    With it that way it isn't any different from wallet. You had to use a pin for wallet. So why would it matter for Android pay

09-26-2015 10:22 PM