I hate Android pay.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Unlock screen, tap, Android pay opens, unlock Android pay, tap again.

Because everytime I get a priority notification it locks the screen, but it thinks every notification is a priority notification. Email or clash of clans. I use my phone for work and open it hundreds of times a day.

I uninstalled Android pay and installed an older version of google wallet, which never failed me, Android pay blocks it and forces the update to use. Seeing as easy access to my phone is more important than AP I uninstalled it.
Guess what. Even though uninstalled I get a notification from Android pay that if I don't keep my pattern code it will wipe my cards from AP.
I am going to do a clean restore and see what happens.
This is a stock unrooted G3.

Posted via the Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I just d/l it on my Asus Zenfone2 (still debating which Android to get next) and hadn't used it yet, and based on what you have said sounds like I might not like it at all. Especially is you don't have a fingerprint sensor on the phone, pin codes suck.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get wallet working but I had to do a clean reinstall. And remember to turn off auto update.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I used it today for the first time. I might be missing something but I unlocked my phone and opened AP before I tapped and wasn't prompted for any further pins/pass codes.

I play with my food

JPWhite

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Have to agree with you. Won't be using it until they allow me to pinlock the AP app instead of my entire phone.

You misunderstand.

Google Wallet had a pin to unlock. That step has been eliminated with the new AP app, but instead you need to have a unlock pin or pattern for your phone. The new order of things to come is here.

Not securing a phone is poor security anyways.

JPWhite

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I used it today for the first time. I might be missing something but I unlocked my phone and opened AP before I tapped and wasn't prompted for any further pins/pass codes.

I play with my food

AP uses a form of two factor authentication.

Tapping the phone is one form of authentication.
The second factor is either a AP pin or if you unlocked your phone with a fingerprint the fingerprint is used as the second factor and the pin isn't needed.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Im not a big fan of it either..

I have a s6. I have fingerprint lockscreen. I have it unlocked and I have to tap it twice for it to work.

Once I can get my cards on Samsung pay, I will uninstall android pay.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
The issue being I have to tap twice and enter pin twice. Twice as much work. I open my phone hundreds of times a day for work and the added auto lock for notifications is extremely frustrating.

I understand the need for security, but how is a four digit pin on the lockscreen more secure than on the app itself. Forcing the lockscreen pin messes everything up.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
You misunderstand.

Google Wallet had a pin to unlock. That step has been eliminated with the new AP app, but instead you need to have a unlock pin or pattern for your phone. The new order of things to come is here.

Not securing a phone is poor security anyways.

The step has not been eliminated, we have to unlock our screen and then unlock the app.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I just d/l it on my Asus Zenfone2 (still debating which Android to get next) and hadn't used it yet, and based on what you have said sounds like I might not like it at all. Especially is you don't have a fingerprint sensor on the phone, pin codes suck.

What's so bad about them?