I went to Walgreen's today and when the cashier asked if I had a Walgreen's card she said to just do the normal NFC payment instead of scanning the barcode in the android pay app. Lo and behold, my rewards card was not utilized (rest assured, one can retroactively add the receipt online). It turns out, Apple Pay has this feature. Is there a way where I can tap to pay and have my rewards card recognized?
    01-17-2016 11:06 PM
    I went to Walgreen's today and when the cashier asked if I had a Walgreen's card she said to just do the normal NFC payment instead of scanning the barcode in the android pay app. Lo and behold, my rewards card was not utilized (rest assured, one can retroactively add the receipt online). It turns out, Apple Pay has this feature. Is there a way where I can tap to pay and have my rewards card recognized?
    When they announced Android Pay they talked about it being able to do that. I guess they haven't rolled it out yet. I don't even get the notification that one of my loyalty cards can be used nearby, and I keep location services on all the time. The only time I have got that notification is when I got a notification that I could use my $20 Best Buy gift card when I was in Best Buy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-04-2016 08:55 AM
    I don't even get the notification that one of my loyalty cards can be used nearby, and I keep location services on all the time. The only time I have got that notification is when I got a notification that I could use my $20 Best Buy gift card when I was in Best Buy.
    I get them frequently for my various cards.

Have you ensured that "Get notifications when this loyalty program can be used nearby" is enabled for the loyalty cards in question? If you tap on a loyalty card there is a setting specific to notifications.
    02-05-2016 07:46 AM
    I get them frequently for my various cards.

Have you ensured that "Get notifications when this loyalty program can be used nearby" is enabled for the loyalty cards in question? If you tap on a loyalty card there is a setting specific to notifications.
    Yeah it's turned on for all my loyalty cards.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-08-2016 11:36 AM