Has anyone else been seeing this? I got an e-mail today from both cards I had active on Android Pay saying that my cards had been removed. Problem is, I haven't asked them to be removed or formatted my phone or anything.

And yup, I already checked Android Pay and my loyalty cards are there, but not the credit cards. Is there an inactivity period (and if so, where is it stated?!) that Google will take to remove the cards automatically? I haven't used Android Pay in a while (probably since they were giving the figurines away like three months ago), so maybe that's why?
    06-01-2016 05:30 PM
    I have an issue. I had a card in Android Pay, I changed phones and tried to add the exact same card, and now it says it's not supported. I checked with the bank and they said it should be. I don't know how to get this fix, I emailed them and of course I get no reply.
    06-01-2016 05:51 PM
    Had the same thing happen to me. I use it whenever and wherever I can. It happened after the day after I updated to Marshmallow.
    06-01-2016 05:54 PM
    Ive had this happen several times with my Amex card....super frustrating. The email never give a reason the card was removed either '\_(",)_/'
    06-01-2016 09:38 PM
    Mmm... weird. Well, I use Samsung Pay now, so I guess it's no big deal. Just wondering why they got removed in the first place. I thought it was because I didn't use it in a while, but it seems others that do use it often have been getting the same message.
    06-02-2016 02:34 AM
    After several attempts last night...I was finally able to load a card (just one for now to see how long it takes them to email me that it was removed) this morning.
    06-02-2016 04:14 AM
    Well I didn't have issues re-adding my cards to AP, but just found it weird that both cards got removed without me requesting it. Don't remember exactly when I added them in the first place, but I did add both on the same day.
    06-02-2016 10:50 AM
    Has anyone else been seeing this? I got an e-mail today from both cards I had active on Android Pay saying that my cards had been removed. Problem is, I haven't asked them to be removed or formatted my phone or anything.

And yup, I already checked Android Pay and my loyalty cards are there, but not the credit cards. Is there an inactivity period (and if so, where is it stated?!) that Google will take to remove the cards automatically? I haven't used Android Pay in a while (probably since they were giving the figurines away like three months ago), so maybe that's why?
    Similar thing happened to me yesterday. I hadn't used Android Pay since the latest security patch for my OnePlus, and when I went to use it my default card was no longer there and I received an email minutes later from my bank that the card had been removed. I was able to re-add it (and it was already listed as stored in Google Payments, I just had to provide the CVV code), but had already paid for the transaction via debit card.

Very curious.
    07-21-2016 10:09 AM
    I had my cards removed 3 times while using the swipe pattern security on my galexy J7, that was a couple of months ago. I changed to the password security on my phone and it has been rock solid since I changed not one problem with cards being removed. Hope this helps some one
    07-22-2016 05:59 PM
    Happened to me. Came here looking for answers. Then realized I had removed my lock screen lock (it was a pattern lock) while messing with my phone (lg V10) last night. Since AP requires a lock, I guess it decided it was no longer secure and removed the card. Glad it did, but wish the app has communicated better, rather than getting a notification from my bank.
    So I guess if anything happens that causes AP to question the security of the device, it removes the cards.
    07-23-2016 09:12 PM
    which if you think about it it is a good thing just a pain in the a-- but secure
    07-24-2016 07:15 AM
    In the meantime, I just got an email from Citicards that my card was removed from Android Pay, but it is still there and looks to be normal, even after a restart. <shrug>
    '
    EDIT: Maybe they're talking about from my Moto X or even Nexus 7, (can't remember if I added it there during that Best Buy promo)? Current active phone is the HTC 10 and it's still there. Guess I'll check when I get home.
    08-08-2016 04:54 PM
    Update on my last post: Got additional notice last night that my AMEX card was removed, but at least the AMEX email mentioned which phone - and it was on my Moto X Pure, not my current daily driver, the HTC 10. So I guess things expire either after a period of non-use, or perhaps not updating the Android Pay app (or maybe lack of general Android security updates) triggers it.
    08-09-2016 07:09 AM
    Yup, it's inactivity that triggers it. I, again, stopped using a card from Android Pay and got the e-mail again. No biggie since you can re-add it, but yeah, for security they do remove cards if you haven't used them.
    08-09-2016 11:05 AM

I just had this happen tonight. My AMX, BofA and one of my Wells Fargo cards were removed. I thought it was spam at first, but the emails appeared legit. The cards were still loaded in my Android app though. So, I removed them myself and added them again. So far so good for all but the AMX card. After about 20 minutes, I received an email that is was removed again.
    08-25-2016 08:04 PM
    I am pretty sure after reading this thread I discovered the reason my cards were suddenly reemoved was changing my security pattern on my phone for unlocking the device. It happened right after I switched from a PIN to a pattern.
    11-30-2016 04:15 PM
    I am pretty sure after reading this thread I discovered the reason my cards were suddenly reemoved was changing my security pattern on my phone for unlocking the device. It happened right after I switched from a PIN to a pattern.
    I've changed my pattern quite a few times (I grow tired of fingerprint then grow tired of pin and go back and forth) and it doesn't happen. It's only happened when I haven't used the card for a while in my case (or when I get a new plastic from my bank).
    11-30-2016 06:09 PM
    I had this, 2 cards just disappeared by lunchtime despite using them a few hours earlier to buy breakfast. I added them back instantly and all worked again.

I'm on the S7 edge beta so I just thought it was a strange bug, never seen it again.
    12-07-2016 07:40 AM
    So is Android Pay dead now? None of my cards, most of which are through major national financial institutions, work with AP any more. If AP no longer sorts any part sources, what's the point? Anyone have an alternative to AP that actually shows you to add pay sources?
    03-22-2017 05:51 AM
    So is Android Pay dead now? None of my cards, most of which are through major national financial institutions, work with AP any more. If AP no longer sorts any part sources, what's the point? Anyone have an alternative to AP that actually shows you to add pay sources?
    Do you get any kind of error? I've had no issues adding my cards to Android Pay (Citibank, US Bank, American Express, Capital One). Yes, they tend to 'disappear' on their own from lack of use since my main payment form is Samsung Pay, but when I re-add them I've had no issues.
    03-22-2017 10:52 AM
    They all tell me the card is not authorized by my bank during the last step of the setup process.
    03-22-2017 12:55 PM
    They ask tell me the card is not authorized by my bank during the last step of the setup process.
    Have you checked to see if your bank needs to 'unlock' the cards (fraud reports, etc.) or if it needs an extra authorization step like text message code or additional verification on their own app (I believe Capital One asked me for this).
    03-22-2017 01:37 PM
    This just happened to me today. I added my credit cards to Android Pay this weekend, went to use it today and all my cards were gone. I could readd the one I needed pretty quickly (after I used my credit card btw), but no reason was provided why all of them were removed.
    07-10-2017 12:01 PM
    Have you checked to see if your bank needs to 'unlock' the cards (fraud reports, etc.) or if it needs an extra authorization step like text message code or additional verification on their own app (I believe Capital One asked me for this).
    All of the banks have said they no longer work with Android Pay. One said they never did, even after I showed them AP transactions in an old bank statement.
    07-10-2017 06:00 PM
    All of the banks have said they no longer work with Android Pay. One said they never did, even after I showed them AP transactions in an old bank statement.
    Some cards aren't officially supported, but AP got around that by adding it to a 'middle service' (AP charges the service, the service charges your card as a 3rd party). Maybe they stopped doing that or some banks stopped allowing that?
    07-12-2017 05:10 PM