I got a notification from Android Pay last night (on my phone), asking to update card details. When I went in, it was asking to update my Discover card. Discover now appears to be natively supported, no more funneling through Bancorp. I have not yet used it but the agreement SAYS that it will show on the statement as "Android Pay" so I don't know how it will impact category-based CashBack Bonus assessment.
    06-07-2016 11:25 AM
    Not sure if the bank is now supported or not, but all transactions posted through Android Pay, although differentiated in your statement, still count as using your actual card towards rewards (unlike using it through other services, like PayPal).
    06-07-2016 01:52 PM
    EXCEPT, if the transaction shows up as "Android Pay" rather than "Vendor". If "Vendor" is a grocery store and Discover is doing a 5% bonus on grocery purchases, the purchase won't count towards that if the transaction shows as "Android Pay".
    06-07-2016 03:08 PM
    The vendor name is there, don't worry. They do add the AP (or SP for Samsung) identifier to signify you payed with your virtual card number and not the plastic, but any rewards are still issued just as if you had used the physical card. Here's an example from Samsung Pay; the same would apply to Android Pay but with a different leading ID.
    Discover Card update-sampay.jpg

On this particular transaction, for instance, I had a 10-dollar reward for using my card in Best Buy, and the bank issued the reward the moment the transaction went through. Just as if I had used the plastic.
    06-07-2016 04:53 PM