Aked for the card, PIN, or security code. At this rate Android Pay will be pointless.

david13579

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
After Suffering for weeks the Android Pay + Smart Lock mess and giving up smart lock, I have loved Android Pay and use it any time that I can but now it has become more frequent that merchants ask me for stupid things.

I have been asked to insert the card after using AP (One of those "your card has a chip so please insert the card" messages), I have been asked for my PIN when I have never even used a pin on my credit card ever (I don't even think I have one set up for cash advances) and today it was just the worst, merchant asked me for my 3-digit security code on the back of the card. What if I don't know it? what if I don't carry my card with me.

If it keeps going like this, the whole pint of AP will be defeated.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I haven't run into any of those so far. The part that bugs me is the need for a signature still, but I can deal with that.

AP is a different transaction from a card swipe, it shouldn't matter that the card has a chip. Are you sure you're using Android Pay and not Samsung Pay?

Anthony Mayorga

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
android pay asking for pin after marshmallow update. all i used to do before is just fingerprint unlock the phone and tap to pay. now its asking for a pin? what pin? also if you have to lift the phone off the NFC device to put in your code, it cancels the transaction.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
android pay asking for pin after marshmallow update. all i used to do before is just fingerprint unlock the phone and tap to pay. now its asking for a pin? what pin? also if you have to lift the phone off the NFC device to put in your code, it cancels the transaction.

It might be asking for your screen unlock pin. It actually doesn't cancel the transaction after you lift the phone, just lift type in the code and tap again.

Posted via the Android Central App

HeadOffice

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
There's a catch with AP that I found after searching for ages... You are asked for a PIN if you are using an "unapproved" card. This means any card issued by a bank that is not explicitly an Android Pay compatible card. What this means is that for other cards (read 99% of all other cards) you need to enter your PIN on your phone to execute the transaction.

As for the user who is asked to enter their card - sounds like they have not verified the card with their bank after adding it to AP - it's a two step process. 1. Add card to AP. 2. Contact bank and verify so they'll allow it for transactions.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech