Cannot verify card with an inactive phone number.

uxaar

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
I have tried to verify my card in android pay but the phone that the app sees is an old phone number and therefore cannot receive the verification code .I have no way of changing it.
I tried a number of things like checking if the google auto-fill forms have my curent number as well as checking if my google account has the corect mobile number.
Then i found a page from google where they explain that some apps may still have your old number and in order to update it to the current number you will have to go into the settings of that particular app but Android Pay has no such settings.

So i have run out of ideas and i would really appreciate some help.
I really dont know how this can be done.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It's a longshot, but open the Contacts app and tap the first entry (which should say "Me" and display your name. If the mobile phone number is not correct there, tap the pencil icon to edit.

uxaar

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Did you mean the google contacts or my phone's contacts app ?
In my phone's contacts app i clicked on my name and i have edited my profile adding my current number but that didnt change anything in android pay.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I meant Google Contacts, but, again, it was just a random thought.

The only other thing that comes to mind would be to go to Settings -> Accounts -> Google and remove your primary account from the phone, then re-add it. But - and it's a big but! - that might be pretty messy and I, for one, would not jump into that without researching it a bit first.

Here's another thought: Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> SIM Status. What is listed under "My phone number"? Old, or current?

Rahin

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
From Android Pay > Verify Payment Method (Help sections)

--

Verify your payment method
Verification helps your bank protect your account. Depending on your bank, you can choose from the following verification options. Your verification code comes from your bank, not Android Pay.

Note: Make sure your bank has your current phone number and email address so codes are sent to the right place.
--