I am new to Android pay in the UK & have used it 11 times - 8 times successfully & three times declined although with the declines I was then able to use the plastic card that is the Android Pay default card to pay without any problem. However, for the acceptances I have not received any of the December cracker rewards and the app has no tap.pay.reward card to claim any cracker reward. With accepted payments, while my bank card shows the correct payee and amount the Android Pay app has on 3 occasions shown the incorrect name as the payee - despite all 3 being at a supermarket, once the Android Pay app showed the payee as a nearby church, another time a guest house and the third time a store that is half a mile away from the store where I made my purchases.
    None of this has given me any great confidence in Android Pay or relying on my phone rather than plastic card or cash. I have a one plus 3 phone, the latest version of the Android Pay software, NFC is set to on & Android Pay is the default method of payment for the phone. Am I alone in having these faults? If not, any ideas as to what is wrong?
    UPDATE: I used Android Pay today and once more the app gave the wrong store name to the one used
    12-28-2016 10:58 AM
    Ditto. I love using Android pay. However, today I used Android Pay at a local grocery store and it states the payee is a nearby restaurant. This is in Chicago. Very odd
    02-05-2017 02:42 PM
    Same thing has happened to me twice. Actually, I just started another thread on this topic before I found this one. Once Android Pay listed the name of the shopping center (many stores) instead of the merchant and recently it listed the name of the merchant in a nearby store instead of the store where I made my purchase. Both times it was a DSW Shoe store, but in different cities. I'm not sure if that's significant or just a coincidence.This seems unacceptable for a financial services app dealing with people's credit and debit cards. I did verify with my card company that they had the correct merchant, but I would expect an app dealing with finances to not have such a serious bug. I sent feedback to Google via the app, but have not received a response. Previously I reported a different issue to the Android Pay support team -- they were very responsive in terms of emails and apologies (from many different people, as each day a new person seemed to be assigned to my case). Then after a few weeks and multiple requests from them for screenshots I had already sent them, I was told they were sure it was a bug and forwarded to their engineers. That was the end of it. I find this whole issue downright scary. I like paying with my phone, but if this app is so buggy, I'm not sure I want to continue with it. Does anyone know how NFC works and how merchants sign up with Google to participate?
    02-10-2017 08:56 PM
    I've had the same from Google Wallet and or Pay. I had charges on my credit card that were NOT mine. Could not have been accidental either as I have NFC OFF and it stays off. The only place that had my card number was Play Store. I only buy apps and these charges were NOT apps. I buy nothing else but apps from Google. I'm a little hesitant about giving Google another card number for Play Store.

I use my chip card and the phone stays in the holster on my belt.
    02-12-2017 09:06 AM