Recently, I've bought an Lg G4 from china. The phone was in a used condition, however there were two outstanding factors which I've noticed since buying it. For one the device seems to be locked to T-mobile, in that I can use and connect to other networks, however the logo still appears whenever I restart my phone. However the one thing that has been getting to me about the phone is that android pay just refuses to work on it. Every time I open the application, It comes up with the same message "Android Pay can't be used on this device - This may be because your device is rooted, has an unlocked bootloader or is running a custom ROM. As a result, Google can't confirm that your device meets Android Pay's security standards". My guess is that the device is unlocked, however I don't understand how to fix the error, as I am sure it is not rooted, and have not tampered with the device otherwise.
    Thanks for the help!
    Adam
    03-07-2017 04:17 PM
    You say the phone is used, bought in China but has a T-Mobile ROM on it...are you SURE it's not rooted? Can you check the model number of the phone to see if it matches T-Mobile's version? If not, this is a phone with a ROM that wasn't intended for said device (which would, in fact, require the device to be rooted).
    tube517 likes this.
    03-07-2017 04:30 PM
    Also check if you have the Superuser app in your app drawer.

I've seen people in other forums get conned into buying a stock phone and it was rooted when the seller said it wasn't.
    03-07-2017 04:44 PM
    You say the phone is used, bought in China but has a T-Mobile ROM on it...are you SURE it's not rooted? Can you check the model number of the phone to see if it matches T-Mobile's version? If not, this is a phone with a ROM that wasn't intended for said device (which would, in fact, require the device to be rooted).
    I have just got a T-Mobile branded G5 and it is indeed a different model (H830) as in the settings app. The phone seems not rooted because I tried using a terminal app and typing su and it said it was not found and didn't change the $. I am getting the same message that Android Pay can't be used on this device, that it could be rooted or have a custom ROM etc. What are your thoughts on this?
    07-21-2017 09:53 AM