Removing android pay from Uber app

dj9281

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to remove Android pay from my Uber app. Uber says the only way to do it is disconnect it through the Google link on my phone (connected apps). However when I follow those instructions, it does not work. How do I remove Android pay from my Uber app? Uber refuses to assist me further and said it's a Google problem.

Dandanas9

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue... managed to solve it by deleting all other payment methods except android pay. After that, I added a credit card again and then it registered and I was able to use Uber again. Wasn't able to remove android pay, but at least got Uber working again...

Tcrabtree84

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
Use the website rather than the app . I couldnt use my giftcard for the longest time. The only way to bypass android pay is by going to uber.com. logging in there and schedule your ride

ugh_another_one

Feb 15, 2018
Visit site
I am trying to remove Android pay from my Uber app. Uber says the only way to do it is disconnect it through the Google link on my phone (connected apps). However when I follow those instructions, it does not work. How do I remove Android pay from my Uber app? Uber refuses to assist me further and said it's a Google problem.

It appears there's no way to remove Android Pay. However, I found a way to circumvent this issue and default to another payment method. This solved my issue

Go to 'Settings' in your Uber app. Select your 'Personal' profile.

If you don't see a 'Personal' profile (I didn't), just click to set up a 'Business' profile. Just skip through the 'Link an expenses tool' page. Once a 'Business' profile is created, it automatically creates a 'Personal' profile.

You then click into either of these profiles and set a default payment method that is not Android Pay.

For reference: you can alternate between 'Personal' and 'Business' profiles (should you wish) by clicking the top right of the main page of the Uber app.