Amount charged to my bank does not match Android Pay

JohnnyD#AC

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I ran into something alarming today.

When balancing my bank statement (okay fessing up here my wife balances our account) today, I found that a transaction I charged to my debit card using Android Pay had a different amount than the amount charged to my bank.

I use android pay at a restaurant frequently, and I always watch the waitress enter the amount. I never leave a tip using AP, I always leave cash. I did get my receipt for this transaction and the amount was correct and the amount match the Android Pay notification on my phone.

So. How in the heck could the restaurant have changed the amount charged to my account? Could they change it later the same way they could add a tip onto a credit card?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the restaurant have any kind of surcharges for debit cards? Have you contacted the restaurant and shown them your receipt along with the discrepant charge?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes , I'd chase that up with the restaurant and the bank and not use that function until it's sorted!
Technically they can only change the amount you agreed to at the time by using the function. I don't think it's legal to just ad hoc change the price after you leave!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11