Any way to make a shortcut that force stops a pre-selected list of apps?

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S8 running Pie and I'm wondering if there is a way to create a home screen shortcut that would with one press force stop a few messaging apps (WhatsApp, Skype, Telegram). Basically, I want to create a "peace and silence" button since a certain family member I can't block (there are reasons for not blocking, don't ask) kinda likes spamming me with triggering messages and I need to be able to instantly shut communication off as needed. It's a bit annoying having to hold down an app shortcut, click "app info" and then tap "force stop" for 3 apps every time I start getting spammed. I know there are complicated general purpose automation apps out there, but if there is some solution for this specific case that is simple to set up and does the whole home screen shortcut thing then that would be great. If there is an option that allows for rootless remapping of the Bixby button to kill the three messenger apps, that would be a sweet bonus.

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
You can go to your widgets and use Device Care on home screen to clear memory in background

That doesn't fix it. Still getting messages. On my PC I just use a .bat script that in three lines kills the the three processes for these messengers. Is there a way to have my phone automatically open the app info sections for each app and auto tap the force stop button and confirmation, all with one single shortcut tap. Kinda like a shortcut based, configurable version of what those task killers that use accessibility permissions to autotap all force stop buttons do.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That doesn't fix it. Still getting messages. On my PC I just use a .bat script that in three lines kills the the three processes for these messengers. Is there a way to have my phone automatically open the app info sections for each app and auto tap the force stop button and confirmation, all with one single shortcut tap. Kinda like a shortcut based, configurable version of what those task killers that use accessibility permissions to autotap all force stop buttons do.
What about going In to recent apps and swipe away those recent apps ?