How is everyone liking the Android 9 dev preview so far?

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
It's a developer PREVIEW. of course there are issues, and many of them. Not for daily driver phones. Only for playing a round.
I agree and disagree. Both last year and this year they've been more than fine for dd in my experience. I have a friend who had issues with one app force closing, otherwise haven't heard of any issues. I'm running it myself without issues, so asking how everyone else's experience is going.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I agree and disagree. Both last year and this year they've been more than fine for dd in my experience. I have a friend who had issues with one app force closing, otherwise haven't heard of any issues. I'm running it myself without issues, so asking how everyone else's experience is going.
You can do what ever you wish . Developer previews are not made for people to upgrade to and use on their personal daily phones.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
The clock on the top left keeps making me think I may have a notification
c2f1f8069bc8dfc016b0d52b053ea9c8.jpg

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Not even remotely interested in it for cosmetic reasons alone. I trust, though, that Google will pay whoever developed that Flux White Substratum theme for openly stealing that developer's design. (Which, mind you, they can keep and shove where the sun don't shine.)

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Not even remotely interested in it for cosmetic reasons alone. I trust, though, that Google will pay whoever developed that Flux White Substratum theme for openly stealing that developer's design. (Which, mind you, they can keep and shove where the sun don't shine.)

I think it's a little silly to hold a patent or ownership on colors and shapes.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site

Just checked this out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flux.white.substratum&hl=en

This definitely looks similar to the new settings menu:

flux.png

On the other hand, it also looks like what Google Voice has looked like for a long time since the app and desktop refresh, so I'm not sure I can agree that Flux did it first, I honestly don't know. It could be that both are simply following material design guidelines.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad