Bugs for the Android P Dev Preview 1

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep... The first launch was fine and it ran great. Move to another window and come back? Out would force close constantly until you cleared it's all data... And it becomes a matter of lather/rinse/repeat.

I also saw lots of errors reporting API compatibility issues with Action Launcher as well.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think that's a great addition... Gives people a better initial idea as to why their stuff is crashing.

I don't recall seeing those API today's toasts in earlier releases.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be that they changed a few APIs, and the developers are going to have to code for that. I'd hate to see Nova go away.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I cannot unlock the bootloader on my PIxel 2 XL to downgrade back to Oreo. I have done two factory resets and tried fastboot. At first after activting "developer options" the unlock bootloader option was greyed out, after the factory reset it allows me to select the unlock bootloader option and asks me for my pin. I enter my pin and nothing happens, the bootloader remaines locked. I have opened a ticket with Google and sent them a bug report. My Pixel 2 XL was purchased from Google so its not the VZW issue of locked bootloader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

enderhexfyre

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The stock Gmail app crashes on launch, Mail by Google crashes when you open an email. Wiped cache and reinstalled both. No luck.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I use incognito tabs in the Chrome browser, often having many (10 or more) "regular" and incognito taps loaded.

With the DP2 preview, I find that my incognito tabs are disappearing (all that were previously loaded) every few hours or so. Before I installed the O beta, incognito tabs remained until I manually closed them or until a reboot.

Dvs1j

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Facebook force closes when opening news articles, Gboard freezes when opening Text messages, twice my phone has locked up and I had to force restart. Today It froze up and battery went from 80 something percent to 6% after unfreeze. I may just leave beta...

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having problems sending SMS texts? Particularly using Hangouts? Over Project Fi?

I seem to be having issues today. Sent SMS seem to go (that is, they process and are then tagged "Sent via Project Fi" with a timestamp) but never received at the other end. But, I can receive SMS from the same persons.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site