DP5 - won't connect to WIFI

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
installed DP5 on my Pixel 2 last night.
all good except that it won't connect to one of the 2 WIFI networks i use - makes no attempt to connect at all.

the SSID is hidden, so it's a manuall add, correct SSID, correct password.

the iphone sitting next to the phone is currently connected to it with no problems.
the pixel 2 on Oreo also had no problems connecting to it.

used Ping Tools Pro and that even doesn't detect the WIFI network on a WIFI scan.

any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's what beta versions are for. Make a list of everything - the make and model of the router, the settings in the router, the settings in the phone - and submit it as a trouble. It looks as if there may be a DP6 necessary. Better now than when it's already been installed on tens of thousands of phones.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No Wi-Fi issues with my Pixel 2 XL on DP5.

You might try resetting the network functions: Settings -> System -> Reset options -> Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

You'll have to re-enter your Wi-Fi info and re-pair any Bluetooth devices.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
it was a clean install, not an upgrade.
so that wouldn't be applicable in this instance.

I don't think you can be sure about that. Have you tried it?

Also, since it is a manual add and a clean install, are you certain that you have entered the correct password? I can't tell you how many times Wi-Fi problems turn out to be a bad password, even in cases where the user was absolutely positive it was being entered correctly.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
yes i can be sure about it.
the phone was wiped, and the wifi network was added.
and please! do you seriously think i'd have posted about a potential bug without having made sure the password was typed correctly!

incidentally, i've found that if i change two advanced settings (not sure if these are new settings or not), then it will connect.
the first setting is "metered" - i manually set that to "unmetered".
the second setting is "hidden networking" - i set that to "yes", although it says this might be a security risk.

note that in Oreo i didn't need to set anything like this for this partilcular WIFI network. it worked simply by entering the SSID and password.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC