03-17-2019 02:44 AM
137 ... 456
tools
    Google has surpassed itself this time in terms of update's ugliness.
    You have a Samsung. SAMSUNG is primarily responsible for the interface elements on your device, not Google. Take a gander at how a Pixel looks - THAT is what Google is responsible for...
    Sedp23 likes this.
    02-21-2019 10:13 AM
    hi sir / madam
    My watch (tic watch 2) is showing caller id ''unknown'' when caller ringing. This problem has occurred to other smart watches too. Earlier it was ok. This is happening after i update my phone to pie. After reading few comment regarding this matter, what i came across is this is happening because of some wearable permission missing on android os pie. plz release an update to solve this problem as soon as possible.
    Thank you

my phone: huawei p20 pro
    03-06-2019 10:21 PM
    hi sir / madam
    My watch (tic watch 2) is showing caller id ''unknown'' when caller ringing. This problem has occurred to other smart watches too. Earlier it was ok. This is happening after i update my phone to pie. After reading few comment regarding this matter, what i came across is this is happening because of some wearable permission missing on android os pie. plz release an update to solve this problem as soon as possible.
    Thank you

my phone: huawei p20 pro
    Duplicate post. See my reply to your other post here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh....php?p=6489597
    03-07-2019 03:29 AM
    I like Android 9. Perhaps it's because I don't have any of the problems others have complained about. I have adaptive battery turned on and I can't really say I've seen a big difference but it doesn't cause any problem. I've never used adaptive display for brightness. So, all things considered, I like Android 9.
    03-07-2019 09:24 AM
    briefly, I don't like it. I found the UI experience a bit confusing
    03-08-2019 02:37 AM
    briefly, I don't like it. I found the UI experience a bit confusing
    On which device? Now that Samsung is releasing Pie on it's devices, the opinions can be very polarizing based on what device you have. I have at least one co-worker with an S9 that loves the Pie/OneUI update, but some people on these forums HATE it (to the point of wanting to revert to Oreo).
    03-08-2019 06:32 AM
    Hate it, not just because of the looks but because it's a PITA. It changed a bunch of settings, I had to re-download my entire Spotify collection for some unknown reason, lock screen notifications don't show properly and I've now got a permanent notification telling me that Locale has switched off my Bluetooth, which I can't get rid of, and I use Locale constantly to manage my settings. Notifications should be MY CHOICE. It's MY PHONE which I PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR.
    My issues are different but I share your condemnation. The lack of informed consent to the update is disturbing.
    Pittsgyrl412 likes this.
    03-10-2019 05:38 PM
    They moved the static current time display from the upper right corner to the upper left corner...I suppose I'll get used to it, but wish they had left it alone or given us the option to put it back. I've visually trained myself to look in the upper left corner for notifications. It'll take me awhile now to realize that space is shared with the time.

Also, now when I use the quick pull-down menu to access Bluetooth settings, I can't further select a specific Bluetooth device from my list of devices...all I can do now is turn Bluetooth on or off. If I want to select a device, I am forced to enter Settings the old-fashioned way and go into Bluetooth to do it. No idea why they changed our ability to just swipe down from the home screen to get there.
    The lack of choice is a theme here. I hate Samsung.
    03-10-2019 05:39 PM
    Yes and no....only got it yesterday (Telstra Australia is so slow and I guess note 8 isn't a priority however I like the dark modes but hate the split in status bar, obviously made for Google pixel!! Hate the icons. Hate the folders. Thank goodness for Nova!
    03-13-2019 05:51 PM
    I don't like the that I can't remove the time from the top line
    103Softail likes this.
    03-15-2019 10:12 PM
    It's horrible. It kills my Note 9 battery. I got this $1000 dollar phone because the battery life was excellent- and up until the update- I had no issue. Now within 3 hours my phone battery dropped 50% by doing no more than any other typical day. I would not recommend this to anyone. It appears Beta testers either get the best of the OS and that is not what is pushed out or it's like the demo setting on TV's at the store-- where they set it up to look all great on the display- then when you purchase that TV the settings are no where how the display is at the store. Android appears to be blaming everything else for this on going issue-- On the Pixels- they are blaming Google- they are blaming Samsung-- yet the common dominator is android pie. With hold the upgrade for as long as you can. I called Verizon and they want to charge me a deductible to replace the device-- why? My phone worked fine until Verizon pushed it on me. I am growing closer to jumping ship to iPhone
    03-16-2019 04:40 PM
    help, download notifications sounds but not in the list
    03-17-2019 02:44 AM
137 ... 456