Ever since the Android Pie update about a month ago, many of my group text messages do not download. Someone in a group text thread will send an mms, and it will get stuck in their individual thread on my phone, because it did not download all the way. Hours or days later I will look at the individual thread and see a not-yet-downloaded mms and hit the dowload button. Then it will appear in the group thread, but with the current timestamp and completely out of context with the conversation. This did not happen before the 9.0 update. What's going on?

Thanks.
    09-23-2018 02:59 PM
    Sounds more like a carrier problem to me. But use Feedback (in Settings) to report it (it goes to the software people). It wouldn't be the only bug to slip through the (pretty non-existent, in my opinion) beta testing that Pie supposedly underwent. (People downloaded the beta to get Pie before anyone else, they didn't bang on it. That's not what beta testing is for.)
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-23-2018 04:20 PM
    Ever since the Android Pie update about a month ago, many of my group text messages do not download. Someone in a group text thread will send an mms, and it will get stuck in their individual thread on my phone, because it did not download all the way. Hours or days later I will look at the individual thread and see a not-yet-downloaded mms and hit the dowload button. Then it will appear in the group thread, but with the current timestamp and completely out of context with the conversation. This did not happen before the 9.0 update. What's going on?

Thanks.
    I have Verizon but having the same issue whether on WiFi or 4G LTE... Doesn't matter whether SMS or MMS
    09-27-2018 03:07 AM
    Despite updating pretty much every app after updating to Pie, my Pixel (1) has been very unstable and messages isn't the only app that doesn't work correctly. When will I learn that these "great leap forward" OS updates are always a pain in the *** unless optomized for a new phone?

I'll be getting a Pixel 3 in November so at least I don't have to live with this mess for too long.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-07-2018 12:55 PM
    Mine has a pop up every single time telling me group messages will be converted to MMS. In the group messages I am no longer seeing the delivered/read by# I had to delete all of my messages after upgrading to pie to see any new replies. I am using a Samsung S9+ very frustrating.
    02-03-2019 05:08 PM