Pie on Sony XZ2, networks just keep disconnecting/reconnecting

phelme

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Received Pie on my Sony Xperia XZ2 today, which was unexpected as we thought it wasn't going to be released until Nov. Only problem is it made the XZ2 mostly unusable; at least from a connectivity standpoint.

For some reason, the Wi-Fi and mobile networks just keep resetting themselves, disconnect/reconnect, disconnect/reconnect, rinse & repeat. And with the mobile radio, it's not just the data link, the base voice connection keeps disconnecting itself and reconnecting too; meaning I get a "No service" notification. It's almost like the radios are rebooting on a timed basis continually.

So far I'm the only one of other XZ2 people I've talked to who have upgraded who is having this problem. I've tried different regional firmware flashes with no differences noted. What I haven't tried is resetting the network settings, which is now buried under Settings->System->Advanced. I'm hesitant because I'll loose tons (like over 400) SSID's I've accumulated over the years. For all I know, that's why the thing is failing. ;)

I did see somewhere that some Essential and OnePlus users were having Wi-Fi issues, but they could be fixed by turning off the auto reconnect Wi-Fi option. Mine is off and has had no effect. That wouldn't explain the mobile voice radio disconnecting in any case.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't know how the firmware flashes you've done are different than a factory reset, but it sounds like your phones almost unusable.... it sounds like your running out of options, if a factory reset takes you back to a fresh start including network settings that might be your only option. Those are nice phones. I almost picked one up ;-)
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol