I currently use a 32gb device running Marshmallow and have only used 9gb of internal storage including apps.

Buying a 32gb phone now running Android Pie worries me as I haven't a clue how much of the internal memory Pie will consume.

Your help would be appreciated.

Alan.
    11-21-2018 06:52 PM
    I found this if it's any good to you.

https://www.androidcentral.com/pie

I currently use a 32gb device running Marshmallow and have only used 9gb of internal storage including apps.

Buying a 32gb phone now running Android Pie worries me as I haven't a clue how much of the internal memory Pie will consume.

Alan.
    11-21-2018 08:39 PM

Alan.
    It will depend on the phone, some manufacturers include more features/bloatware than others leaving less free storage out of the box. In general I would say that system + preinstalled apps would take 12+ GB, always depending on the model.

You need to consider that after Android included the A/B partitions the system is taking a bit more storage than before
    11-21-2018 08:57 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I am considering the Nokia 7.1 which in the UK only seems to ship with 32gb. As it's an Android One device, I guess there will be hardly any bloat ware. I don't use a lot of apps so it looks like I may be ok.
    Thank again for that.
    11-22-2018 05:17 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I am considering the Nokia 7.1 which in the UK only seems to ship with 32gb. As it's an Android One device, I guess there will be hardly any bloat ware. I don't use a lot of apps so it looks like I may be ok.
    Thank again for that.
    Yeah, I guess the 7.1 will be similar to the Nokia 6 and system will take about 12 GB.

https://community.phones.nokia.com/d...is-that-normal
    11-22-2018 06:28 AM
    Depending on your use 20 GB can be enough, specially if you use an SD card for your media files. Just remember that after the seamless updates/dual partitions feature the card can't be set as adoptable storage, only as portable.
    11-22-2018 07:06 AM
    Depending on your use 20 GB can be enough, specially if you use an SD card for your media files. Just remember that after the seamless updates/dual partitions feature the card can't be set as adoptable storage, only as portable.
    Yes I use a 128gb SD card but only for portable storage.
    Thanks again.
    Javier P likes this.
    11-22-2018 10:56 AM