Why is Nokia 7.1 alerting every 30 seconds since Android P update

hedgehoglover

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site
Since updating to Android 9 (Pie) a few days ago, my Nokia 7.1 makes alert noises every 30 seconds - 1 minute until I view the notification. I think it has something to do with the ambient screen notification setting. I used to have it set at "periodically" which is supposed to be every 2 minutes and would previously just illuminate the screen - not make noise. But now, I get a notification noise about every 30 seconds until I acknowledge the notification. I set the ambient screen notification setting to be "once" and that seems to have resolved the issue of getting the notification sounds, which is why I believe that setting is no longer working properly. I can live with that workaround for now, but it really would be ideal to have my screen light up every 2 minutes without noise in the many cases that I don't see it the first time.

I have seen a similar issue reported with a solution of "Tap your Settings, scroll down and tap accessibility, scroll down and tap notification reminder." but I do not have that setting.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps a resetting of app preferences might help? Not quite a factory reset, but sometimes, this helps. This action will clear all default apps and re-enable disabled apps.

hedgehoglover

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site
That unfortunately doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. After the initial notification, if I leave my phone sit without acknowledging it, it will sound my default notification sound about every 30 seconds.

patrickhenrypdx

Dec 10, 2018
Visit site
That unfortunately doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. After the initial notification, if I leave my phone sit without acknowledging it, it will sound my default notification sound about every 30 seconds.

Did you solve this? Trying to fix notification reminder problem (i.e., turn off the notification reminder) on a Pixel 3.

hedgehoglover

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. I've just kept my phone to notify "once" and I try to remember to check my phone every once in a while in case I missed something.

once_notif.jpg