Remove learnt words in Pie

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So in previous versions of Android, to remove a learnt word from you dictionary you would long press to remove, however, that option doesn't come up in the latest Pie, anyone know how to do it please???

Rugish Dapeca

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
With both GBoard and SwiftKey I can long press the word and it gives me an option to remove it. I'm not sure where else you would look, as I have yet to find the entire dictionary to be able to scroll through it to pick words to remove.

Kavu2

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
The dictionary is accessed from the 'Language & input' page....'Advanced'. You can add or delete words from there.

Settings/System/Language & input/Advanced/Personal dictionary

Kavu2

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
There is no "Advanced" option within language and input??

It could be not available in your variant of Android Pie. I think each version can be slightly different in features. I've got a Sony XZ2compact so ymmv. For instance I have the latest release from Sony and I don't have Gestures or weather on Ambient screen among things that are different from Samsung or Pixel.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
What phone do you have? Samsung S9 on Pie. If using the stock keyboard that came with the phone, just long press on the word you want to remove from dictionary while it's on the preview bar.

Rugish Dapeca

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
The dictionary is accessed from the 'Language & input' page....'Advanced'. You can add or delete words from there.

Settings/System/Language & input/Advanced/Personal dictionary

Ah, that's where it is hiding. I was looking for a complete language dictionary and not just a personal one for words I've added. My personal dictionary is empty, even though I know I've had to add a few words including my wife's name which is pretty unique. So there's really nothing for me to remove there. The long press option on a word in the text prediction row does still work for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1