Messages app notifications... What are General Notifications?

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone.:)

Today I was looking at the notification settings in the Messages app and noticed that in addition to Emergency alerts and New Messages there is General Notifications. I'm pretty sure that all the notifications I've ever received from the Messages app have been for new messages.

So I'm just curious to know what would be classed as a general notification? Might be a pointless question with an obvious answer so sorry for that.

Thanks in advance. :)

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure but for a lot of apps there seem to be more options for notifications. Just click on it and see if there are more options in a submenu.

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure but for a lot of apps there seem to be more options for notifications. Just click on it and see if there are more options in a submenu.

Hi Monee_121 thanks for posting. :)

This is the sub menu...
Screenshot_20190318-185618_Settings.jpg

There's no sub... sub menus.

No clues really. Maybe it's just as simple and obvious as... general notifications are for every other notification except new message notifications.

Sheeda_one

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
So, if you have something like delivery reports on you would get a notification after every text message sent. Turning off general notifications stop the annoying delivery report notification banner.

Hello everyone.:)

Today I was looking at the notification settings in the Messages app and noticed that in addition to Emergency alerts and New Messages there is General Notifications. I'm pretty sure that all the notifications I've ever received from the Messages app have been for new messages.

So I'm just curious to know what would be classed as a general notification? Might be a pointless question with an obvious answer so sorry for that.

Thanks in advance. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20