Has the photo assistant become less useful in Pie, or is it my new phone?

D0gsballs

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

Been on Android for a few years now and one of the features I really like is the Assistant in the Photos app, whether it was automatically creating Panoramic photos or in particular the auto styling which sometimes create some great pictures.

However since I got my Nokia 9 which comes with Android Pie, the assistant doesn't seem to offer me anything anymore and I don't know whether it's the way it behaves in Pie or whether it's something to do with the Nokia 9. I've taken quite a few pictures and I've had no panoramas or styles done automatically. It's not a massive issue for me because I can do that myself, but sometimes the assistant created some really good images out of my photos.

Thanks.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
In case you haven't already, check your settings. There's a menu for "Assistant Cards" and that controls what the Assistant will do in Photos.

D0gsballs

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
So not really sure what's going on with the assistant. Took loads of photos yesterday, some that normally would be made into a panorama but it has so far only created one stylised photo. Not the end of the world because of the editing capabilities on the phone but disappointing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol