Wifi Scanning Blocked / Limited by Android Pie?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I am working on an Ionic app where I am using a hotspot plugin to scan available WiFi WAPs around me. My app runs the scan every second. After scanning for first few seconds, the app doesn't seem to detect any WAPs. Leaving the app for a few seconds makes it detect WAPs again but this time also for a few seconds before it dies again until next time. This has been tested on different devices with Android Pie and the behaviour is same. However, when I test it on any Android version other than Android Pie, it works fine; i.e. it keeps updating the scan every second. My question is: Is there anything in Android Pie that is stopping my app to scan available WAPs every second?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No. It's probably something in Ionic. Try contacting them. (And a 1 second scan is a bit wasteful on battery. If you're really in a hurry, 5 seconds is fast enough. If not, a minute is fast enough. Try slowing the scan down and see if that helps - you may be trying to start a new scan before the old one is finished and overrunning a buffer.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol