Connection & Call quality problems after the update

sencerb

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have Samsung A8 2018 (A530F) and received Pie update via OTA about a few days ago. Ever since, i've been having problems with data connection and call sound quality dropped dramatically. As for the data, sometimes my phone is not making any data transfer so i am not able to connect to internet once i leave from my wifi coverage even though i see the mobile data icon (4.5G) is on the screen. I switch it off and on, switch to airplane mode on and off but none of them make any difference. Also talking on the phone is way harder now. I can't hear the other person, they can't heat me easily, call drops sometime etc.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Sencer

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That could be some error on Samsung's part or, if the phone is carrier-branded, an error on the carrier's part. I'd bring it into the carrier for assistance.

sencerb

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
That could be some error on Samsung's part or, if the phone is carrier-branded, an error on the carrier's part. I'd bring it into the carrier for assistance.

I did bring this issue to my carrier, they said 3 Samsung models were effected by this update and they are receiving the same complaints from the people using those models. PS: My device is carrier/gsm operator free.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you ask them if they issued a complaint to Samsung? Someone should, and a carrier's complaint carries more weight than a user's complaint. (Bottom line, though - if it's a Samsung problem, there's nothing you can do but wait.)

sencerb

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I contacted Samsung Turkey directly and told them about the problems; LTE connection is often gets broken, internet connection drops frequently, calling is almost never possible via bluetooth. The customer rep on the phone was quite surprised and told me that they never received such complaints from anybody else. Just as if i was talking about something totally different than what is going on in the rest of the world. Finally my hope died when the rep offered to reset the app preferences as a solution. That time i understood that Samsung is completely out of touch with the reality of their consumers. It was my refuge after years of horrible Htc experience. Big time disappointment.

CybX

Jun 20, 2019
Visit site
Can't link, so if you go to Google, paste this in the browser:

Code:
info devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a8-2018/wipe-cache/

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
All the replies that i have seen on the internet to this offer says it is no help. Thank you anyway.
Actually, you should clear the phones cache partition and reboot. I would first forget the wifi from the phone and rediscover and set it up after the reboot.