Want phone to ring without screen cutting on

Jarrod117

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I normally don't post here but I could not find information I needed.

Anyways, before this update I accidentally did something to wear when my phone was ringing, I had to actually unlock the phone in order to see who was calling. Over time I got used to it and I am looking to regain it back. And the past to set this up, I will wait on the phone call and then swipe down on the notification then swipe to the right and click something. That option is no longer there and I cannot figure out how to set this up again.

Can someone please help?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What phone you have?
Hi, I normally don't post here but I could not find information I needed.

Anyways, before this update I accidentally did something to wear when my phone was ringing, I had to actually unlock the phone in order to see who was calling. Over time I got used to it and I am looking to regain it back. And the past to set this up, I will wait on the phone call and then swipe down on the notification then swipe to the right and click something. That option is no longer there and I cannot figure out how to set this up again.

Can someone please help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any in-pocket modes turned on (i.e. a mode that would protect against accidental touches while it's in your pocket)?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Quote from OP
Over time I got used to it and I am looking to regain it back. And the past to set this up, I will wait on the phone call and then swipe down on the notification then swipe to the right and click something. That option is no longer there and I cannot figure out how to set this up again.

This must be in advance settings under motion and gestures to swipe making a call or message

Jarrod117

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm not asking this right. I went back and read what I posted and realize that maybe I shouldn't drink beer and post. Basically my phone Galaxy note 9 used to ring while locked and the screen did not cut on. At first it was annoying but then I got used to it because I'm often in meetings and when I present in front of an audience I do not need someone seeing that my phone is ringing. After the update to Pie a few months ago, I have lost the ability to have this. I appreciate your help but I have tried the settings as listed above in the suggestions but they do not work. Basically the phone would vibrate or make the audible ring noise and in order to answer it I would have to pick the phone up, push my fingerprint to the sensor and then swipe down to see who was calling. Any help with this is so greatly appreciated. Below I have posted a link that I searched for over a year ago when I was trying to resolve the problem of the phone screen not coming on when ringing. Now I want it to do that

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...ls-screen-when-the-screen-is-lock/td-p/194083

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe I'm not asking this right. I went back and read what I posted and realize that maybe I shouldn't drink beer and post. Basically my phone Galaxy note 9 used to ring while locked and the screen did not cut on. At first it was annoying but then I got used to it because I'm often in meetings and when I present in front of an audience I do not need someone seeing that my phone is ringing. After the update to Pie a few months ago, I have lost the ability to have this. I appreciate your help but I have tried the settings as listed above in the suggestions but they do not work. Basically the phone would vibrate or make the audible ring noise and in order to answer it I would have to pick the phone up, push my fingerprint to the sensor and then swipe down to see who was calling. Any help with this is so greatly appreciated. Below I have posted a link that I searched for over a year ago when I was trying to resolve the problem of the phone screen not coming on when ringing. Now I want it to do that

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...ls-screen-when-the-screen-is-lock/td-p/194083
So your asking for screen not to show a call until you unlock your phone , I never seen a option for that .

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Basically my phone Galaxy note 9 used to ring while locked and the screen did not cut on. Now I want it to do that

I think you already answered your own question. With every update, features are added and removed. Maybe this feature is no longer offered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21