Hi, I normally don't post here but I could not find information I needed.

Anyways, before this update I accidentally did something to wear when my phone was ringing, I had to actually unlock the phone in order to see who was calling. Over time I got used to it and I am looking to regain it back. And the past to set this up, I will wait on the phone call and then swipe down on the notification then swipe to the right and click something. That option is no longer there and I cannot figure out how to set this up again.

Can someone please help?
    06-18-2019 08:25 PM
    What phone you have?
    Hi, I normally don't post here but I could not find information I needed.

Anyways, before this update I accidentally did something to wear when my phone was ringing, I had to actually unlock the phone in order to see who was calling. Over time I got used to it and I am looking to regain it back. And the past to set this up, I will wait on the phone call and then swipe down on the notification then swipe to the right and click something. That option is no longer there and I cannot figure out how to set this up again.

Can someone please help?
    06-18-2019 08:41 PM
    Note 9. Sorry I forgot to mention that
    06-18-2019 08:44 PM
    Note 9. Sorry I forgot to mention that
    Hi , no problem
    Did you set this maybe through accessibility setting?
    06-18-2019 09:00 PM
    Any in-pocket modes turned on (i.e. a mode that would protect against accidental touches while it's in your pocket)?
    06-18-2019 09:13 PM
    I've checked just now and nothing is there
    06-18-2019 10:23 PM
    Yes that mode is turned on
    06-18-2019 10:24 PM
    Does that behavior go away if you turn off that mode?
    06-18-2019 11:01 PM
    Which mode is turned on?
    Yes that mode is turned on
    06-18-2019 11:14 PM
    I think he means the in-pocket mode.
    06-18-2019 11:23 PM
    Yes that mode is on. Thank you for clarifying for me
    06-18-2019 11:26 PM
    Yes that mode is on. Thank you for clarifying for me
    Oh ok ..
    06-18-2019 11:49 PM
    I don't recall ever seeing anything you described on the Note 9 , but maybe pie update changed it ?
    06-18-2019 11:50 PM
    It's the Block Accidental Touches settings: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/settings...on-the-note-9/
    06-18-2019 11:51 PM
    It's the Block Accidental Touches settings: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/settings...on-the-note-9/
    Quote from OP
    Over time I got used to it and I am looking to regain it back. And the past to set this up, I will wait on the phone call and then swipe down on the notification then swipe to the right and click something. That option is no longer there and I cannot figure out how to set this up again.

This must be in advance settings under motion and gestures to swipe making a call or message
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-18-2019 11:59 PM
    06-19-2019 12:00 AM
    Maybe I'm not asking this right. I went back and read what I posted and realize that maybe I shouldn't drink beer and post. Basically my phone Galaxy note 9 used to ring while locked and the screen did not cut on. At first it was annoying but then I got used to it because I'm often in meetings and when I present in front of an audience I do not need someone seeing that my phone is ringing. After the update to Pie a few months ago, I have lost the ability to have this. I appreciate your help but I have tried the settings as listed above in the suggestions but they do not work. Basically the phone would vibrate or make the audible ring noise and in order to answer it I would have to pick the phone up, push my fingerprint to the sensor and then swipe down to see who was calling. Any help with this is so greatly appreciated. Below I have posted a link that I searched for over a year ago when I was trying to resolve the problem of the phone screen not coming on when ringing. Now I want it to do that

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ck/td-p/194083
    06-19-2019 07:36 PM
    Maybe I'm not asking this right. I went back and read what I posted and realize that maybe I shouldn't drink beer and post. Basically my phone Galaxy note 9 used to ring while locked and the screen did not cut on. At first it was annoying but then I got used to it because I'm often in meetings and when I present in front of an audience I do not need someone seeing that my phone is ringing. After the update to Pie a few months ago, I have lost the ability to have this. I appreciate your help but I have tried the settings as listed above in the suggestions but they do not work. Basically the phone would vibrate or make the audible ring noise and in order to answer it I would have to pick the phone up, push my fingerprint to the sensor and then swipe down to see who was calling. Any help with this is so greatly appreciated. Below I have posted a link that I searched for over a year ago when I was trying to resolve the problem of the phone screen not coming on when ringing. Now I want it to do that

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ck/td-p/194083
    So your asking for screen not to show a call until you unlock your phone , I never seen a option for that .
    Jarrod117 likes this.
    06-19-2019 08:18 PM
    Basically my phone Galaxy note 9 used to ring while locked and the screen did not cut on. Now I want it to do that
    I think you already answered your own question. With every update, features are added and removed. Maybe this feature is no longer offered.
    06-19-2019 11:21 PM