Dark Theme for Google Photos

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
How do you turn on the dark theme for Google Photos? I had it on my previous device running Android 6 Marshmallow, but can't seem to find it for Android 9 Pie...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How do you turn on the dark theme for Google Photos? I had it on my previous device running Android 6 Marshmallow, but can't seem to find it for Android 9 Pie...
On my pixels and Samsung phones once you enabled dark theme it automatically puts Google photos dark.

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
On my pixels and Samsung phones once you enabled dark theme it automatically puts Google photos dark.

Where? I'm on a Nokia 7.1 part of the Android One programme, and when I check the Photos app there is no Dark Theme toggle I can enable...or anything similar. Got the Dark Theme for the Calendar, Clock and Calculator, but not Google Play, Documents/Files or Photos...

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Where? I'm on a Nokia 7.1 part of the Android One programme, and when I check the Photos app there is no Dark Theme toggle I can enable...or anything similar. Got the Dark Theme for the Calendar, Clock and Calculator, but not Google Play z Documents/Files or Photos...
On the Nokia if it's not on pie you'll probably have to wait until Google enables this . Dark theme in the 2 phones I'm talking about but both devices pie , is in settings then display .

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
On the Nokia if it's not on pie you'll probably have to wait until Google enables this . Dark theme in the 2 phones I'm talking about but both devices pie , is in settings then display .

I got the "Night Light" feature, which kinda dims the screen overall (more of a night reading light) and there is something in the Display section called "Device Theme" which has "Light", "Dark" and "Automatic" (Based on wallpaper)... I have no clue what that is for...LOL... but I don't think it's to enable the dark theme system wide...😁

Oh and my Nokia is on Pie...it was right out of the box...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I got the "Night Light" feature, which kinda dims the screen overall (more of a night reading light) and there is something in the Display section called "Device Theme" which has "Light", "Dark" and "Automatic" (Based on wallpaper)... I have no clue what that is for...LOL... but I don't think it's to enable the dark theme system wide...

Oh and my Nokia is on Pie...it was right out of the box...
Yeah that dark is supposed to turn system wide dark mode

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87