White bar blocks half of my notifications

SophyNy

Jul 30, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone

I have a (to me) very annoying problem. When I receive a notification on my Motorola One Vision, a white bar blocks about half of it, including the action shortcuts.

Does somebody have a solution for this? I have uploaded a screenshot of the problem.

I am running android pie and Nova launcher.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190730-114811~2.png
    Screenshot_20190730-114811~2.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 12

bluewest8

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
Sorry to revive this topic, but I have the exact same problem on my Oneplus 7 Pro.
I can't swipe down on it. If I tap it, it just opens whatever notification is behind it.
I'm also getting full screen ads, so I guess it's a part of that.
It does not happen in safe mode.

Would I have to reset to get rid of this?

bluewest8

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
If I long-press on the with bar it just opens up whatever app of the notification behind it. Like if there is a twitter notification behind, it will open up twitter.
If there are no notification, the white bar does not show up.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If I long-press on the with bar it just opens up whatever app of the notification behind it. Like if there is a twitter notification behind, it will open up twitter.
If there are no notification, the white bar does not show up.
Welcome to the forums. It sounds like a third party app is pushing that white bar/notification. You could try this, long press an empty spot on your home screen - Widgets - scroll down until you find 'Settings' - press & hold and drag it to the screen - select 'Notification log'. Next time you get that notification tap this widget and see which apps are listed in the log. There's a chance you can find the culprit in there.

bluewest8

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
Cool, so I had a look through the log file and there's one that looks a little fishy.
Now how do I go about removing it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190912-175715.jpg
    Screenshot_20190912-175715.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 5

bluewest8

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
Ok, so I went looking in the apps list and found Google Play Protect Service. At first I tried a Force Stop, checked if the white bar was gone. And it was! So I assume this was the culprit, since Google Play Protect Service is not a stand-alone app but a part of Play Store.
Everything seems to be normal again. Thanks a lot for the help :)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I went looking in the apps list and found Google Play Protect Service. At first I tried a Force Stop, checked if the white bar was gone. And it was! So I assume this was the culprit, since Google Play Protect Service is not a stand-alone app but a part of Play Store.
Everything seems to be normal again. Thanks a lot for the help :)
I'm not sure about that. Play Protect shouldn't be a problem and that's not the source of unwanted ads. I'd recommend you to keep it ruining, it checks your installed apps and notify you of any suspicious one.

Do you have any app called Currency Exchanger?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I would try this, enable Google Play Protect again - go to the Play store - run the Play Protect under "My apps and games" and see what you get.Screenshot_20190912-143956.jpeg

bluewest8

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
Do you have any app called Currency Exchanger?

Nope, I do not have any currency exchange apps.

I forgot to mention that along with the white bar I also had some very annoying full screen ads. I downloaded an app called Blokada, that successfully blocked the ads.

I think that the Google Play Protect Service was just a way to disguise the app/malware.
I've had no issues since I uninstalled the app.

Google Play Protect is running in the Play Store and there seems to be no problem there.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you, If the Protect Service is still running in the Play Store that was probably an app disguising as a system process. Glad you managed to fix the problem.

By the way, I think the Play Store version of Blokada is only a DNS changer and doesn't work as an adblocker.

bluewest8

Sep 11, 2019
Visit site
I agree with you, If the Protect Service is still running in the Play Store that was probably an app disguising as a system process. Glad you managed to fix the problem.

By the way, I think the Play Store version of Blokada is only a DNS changer and doesn't work as an adblocker.

Thank you for your help.

Blokada was an apk

FredMontteiro

Aug 28, 2021
Visit site
Edited:
I posted a message reporting that my cell phone had this exact same problem. But I solved it. It wasn't an intrusive app, it was just an app with overlay permissions showing a bug.

Thanks for this post!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza