Last update to Android 9 Pie caused my LTE data to be broken. At first it was confusing, since Wifi connection still functioned, but away from Wifi you got zilch. After a lot of head-scratching and so forth, found out how to fix it. Simpler than expected. Here's what to do in case you are hit with this problem.

If your device receives a notice to update Android 9 Pie (issue could possibly persist into later versions as well) it will probably break your mobile data. Here’s what to do to if it breaks your LTE data connection.

Open Settings > General Management (2nd menu from bottom) >
    Reset > Reset Network Settings

Click the blue Reset Settings button, then enter your phone lock PIN number

You get one last warning before clicking the blue Reset button

WARNING! This WILL ERASE all Wifi, Network and Bluetooth settings, so you will need to restore these afterward

After you click 2nd Reset button, restart the phone

Your mobile data is now restored

Hope this helps if you have experienced this frustrating situation.
    08-03-2019 08:10 PM
    Last update to Android 9 Pie caused my LTE data to be broken. At first it was confusing, since Wifi connection still functioned, but away from Wifi you got zilch. After a lot of head-scratching and so forth, found out how to fix it. Simpler than expected. Here's what to do in case you are hit with this problem.

If your device receives a notice to update Android 9 Pie (issue could possibly persist into later versions as well) it will probably break your mobile data. Here’s what to do to if it breaks your LTE data connection.

Open Settings > General Management (2nd menu from bottom) >
    Reset > Reset Network Settings

Click the blue Reset Settings button, then enter your phone lock PIN number

You get one last warning before clicking the blue Reset button

WARNING! This WILL ERASE all Wifi, Network and Bluetooth settings, so you will need to restore these afterward

After you click 2nd Reset button, restart the phone

Your mobile data is now restored

Hope this helps if you have experienced this frustrating situation.
    Thanks for sharing, hopefully helps someone.
    08-03-2019 08:19 PM
    It would be helpful to know which device you have, so I can move this thread to the appropriate device forum. It's unlikely that this is a general Pie issue, since I'm not aware of Pie breaking LTE reception across the board -- it's more likely a specific glitch with the Pie update for your device.
    08-04-2019 01:49 AM
    Samsung S9. A previous update about 2 months ago on this device caused the problem. Barely had the phone a week, no new software, Pie was pre-installed factory new out of the box. Immediately after the updating LTE data was broken. Talk about tearing your hair out. Also, my previous device, an Essential PH-1, experienced the exact same issue after a Pie update, which bricked the phone. Now I have the S9 as it's replacement (expensive bug-fix!!!!!!). The most recent update was just this week, however, it didn't break data, but I was ready in case it did. Seems to be an unknown bug in Pie, you don't know when/if it will occur.
    08-04-2019 02:48 PM